Auto-Learn spam/ham installer

You can pull any file from /usr/local/hestia/install/deb

Just drop the file in:

Then it will be installed non default if sieve has been selected

1 Like

I just got to update for a few permission errors I just fixed and figure out a replacement for the command <<EOF | sudo tee

Ok so I had to change if from a one file script so I put it in a repository for now for anyone who wants to use it. its working 100% for me currently. Most likely better way to implement then this but it works if anyone wants auto learning. only thing not included is spamassassin config. Make sure learning stuff is set.

2 Likes

I have no clue about the github thing, I had to set it up as the needed files and dir and a bash script that puts things where they need to be and sets permissions. I don’t know how to PR that onto the repo on hestia. if anyone wants to they are welcome to take this and do that.

@djav1985 Does your version work with the current HestiaCP version? For me, emails always end up in the spam folder, even though they are not spam xD

BTW: I have rarely false positives. Only from one provider the emails marked as spam.

Yeah it’s still working for me

@djav1985 I made some minor corrections on github, please feel free to review my pull request.

There were two mistakes in the installer script regarding paths & shebang line, that cause issues on my system, but after correcting it it seems to be working fine. Long term probe is still in progress. :slight_smile:

Yes I appreciate it. I kind of winges this thing together. It’s not in my specialty lol. But I figured definitely a good starting ground for anyone interested in it and we’ll save them a lot of work

3 Likes

I think you mean

cp -r ./conf.d/20-spamham.conf /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-spamham.conf

not

cp -r ./sieve/conf.d/20-spamham.conf /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-spamham.conf

I just made a pull request to solve a problem when you delete a folder.

Hi, is this part of HestiaCP yet or should i download the script and run it?

thanks

This not is part of HestiaCP, you should need download and efectúe the script.

My repos been updated with a few corrections from people. So it’s fully working. But not included in Hestia. But if anyone wants to take it and integrate it with the installation and submit it on GitHub they are welcome to.

1 Like

only thing not included is spamassassin config. Make sure learning stuff is set

If you provide what this needs to be, I will try and put it all in the hestia repo on github.

Adding that to the spam assassin config file without overwriting the whole thing is a little beyond my skills. And I don’t want to overwrite it Incase there are other changes ppl have made. If anyone knows how they can submit the change to my repo on github

We have sed for that. You search for a string in config, if it’s missing or if it’s there you can replace x by y or whatever you want…

1 Like

Apart from the sed command you can always backup the old config. This is an amazing addition.

It has helped a lot with cutting down my spam. I find everything else that brought up improve spam assassin but this is the only thing that really made a difference.

I took it as far as I could. Anyone with a little bit more advanced skill set than mine in this can do as they like included in Hestia.

I just figured be good to share it. Others might benefit.

Acept the pull request! :wink: