Just wanted to report a probable bug - I spent the last half hour debugging my setup cuz my DNS wouldn’t work for a domain. It ended up being that I had entered both a
CNAME and an
A record for the same
www subdomain, without realizing it. Hestia didn’t notify me of any issues, BIND worked, the DNS zone appeared to work. I could edit it, etc.
I know it does a bit of conformance checking when you submit the DNS field form (it stops me from submitting a domain name for the value of an A record), so I didn’t know an incorrect entry was possible until I finally went to the OS logs and found that there was an error with the zone file (was pretty easy to find after that).
Speaking of, it might be nice to have access to the computer logs from the Hestia panel.