Create A New User + New Web, But NS Gone Wrong

Hi,

I allready put ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com in Packages.

But why, everytime I create a new user and a new website with DNS, it’s always create NS ns1.userdomain.com and ns2.userdomain.com

I want the default to be ns1.mydomain.com as I allready set it as nameserver.

Thank you.

Probaly changed package nameserver after user creation, so you need to edit user to set other nameservers.

1 Like

Yes, the first time I created package, I didn’t fill an NS, but now I’d allready fix it, but while I created a new user, it’s still not creating the correct nameservers.

Update the package default values are set there…

The package default value already set to correct nameserver, but the problem still exist.

Then you should update the name users under the user account and manuly update the records on de DNS domain

Yes, I update it manually, thank you eris.

Hi Eris,

Should I set all of the package BIND9 DNS to ns-child?

No default should work fine

I think I found the problem.

1. If I set BIND 9 to default in the Package, then if my user create a new web domain it will create correct nameserver (ns1.serverdomain.tld - ns2.serverdomain.tld), but it didn’t create NS1 and NS2 pointing to IP, so the domain can’t live.

2. If I set BIND 9 to ns-child in the Package, then if my user create a new web domain it will create wrong nameserver (ns1.thatdomain.tld - ns2.thatdomain.tld), but it create NS1 and NS2 correct pointing to IP, so the domain can’t live.

Even if I choose method 1 or 2, it can’t auto create domain and dns correctly.
Still I need to change the value of the DNS manually.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.