Database error: connection failed!

Hello, can you help me with this inconvenience, I cannot enter webmail, the following message appears:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.

And this by mail

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-sys-hestia: line 43: 23135 Killed apt-get install $package -qq > /dev/null 2>&1
Error: hestia update failed
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-sys-hestia: line 43: 23600 Killed apt-get install $package -qq > /dev/null 2>&1
Error: hestia-nginx update failed
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-sys-hestia: line 43: 23713 Killed apt-get install $package -qq > /dev/null 2>&1
Error: hestia-php update failed

Infact this is not the only thread you got, it sounds like your server is “fuc*ed up” a bit.

1 Like

Yes, it is true, I found another thread with the same problem, but that time I solved it, since mysql, it was not running, but this time it is more complicated, since I cannot enter mysql, it gives me an error:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111)

This happened when I updated debian with apt update && update upgrade, and I don’t think that should be done, does it only hestiacp?

Consultation:
Can I uninstall mysql and install again?

Please any help is useful to me

Gracias, al parecer era problemas de memoria, por ende no se ejecutaba mysql, ampliamos la memoria y todo ok.

No todos hablan español.

Claudio says thank you. It was lack of memory. He got more and now everything is fine.