Default image processing dependencies

I see a default WordPress install via the Quick App Installer in Hestia includes ImageMagick.

But it seems to be missing some other useful open-source image processing tools that some plugins rely on, namely:

• jpegtran
  • optipng
  • gifsicle

Any chance Hestia could include these by default?

Hesita includes by default php-gd and ImageMagick as there are no default php modules you need to install them manually

Hello @alec

Assuming you use ubuntu then

apt-get install libjpeg-progs
apt-get install gifsicle
apt-get install optipng 

this is easy commands for every one and it’s not include by default as not everyone need it too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Since the presence of those packages wouldn’t take much disk space or interfere in any other hosting process, it could be wise to have them added by default.

I can submit a pr

1 Like

no, it doesnt make sense to install packages that arent used by more than 1 or 2% of the hestia users - no matter how big or small they are. If you need them, install it :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you have any data on that? I would be interested to know what the majority of users install via the Quick App Installer - I would have assumed it to be WordPress.

Perhaps it would be viable to add such default packages only to the WordPress Quick App Installer itself, if most Hestia users don’t install WordPress.

I don’t think Wordpress uses it on default except if you load special plugins

1 Like

I completely agree with you, but it is not Hestia’s philosophy.

I will just put the apt install commands in my private hestia config script.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.