Email backup notifications

After learning about the existence of this project, I became part of your community. Congratulations on the Hestia project. I think you are doing a great job.

I apologize in advance for asking this question, but I have not been able to find the answer in the manual or on the forum.

How can I schedule an email notification each time a backup is made?
If I launch a backup manually from the panel, I receive an email with the subject “admin → backup has been completed”. Can I receive this same email with scheduled backups?

Thank you very much in advance.

OK … I’ll answer for myself :sweat_smile:

The cron job that starts the backups is sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-backup-users and the line that executes the backup is this:

nice -n 19 ionice -c2 -n7 $BIN/v-backup-user $user >> $log 2>&1

There is no|yes option after the $user so the default is “no”.

notify=${2-no} >> (/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-backup-user)

Can I change any of these options permanently? I understand that these scripts are overwritten with each hestiacp update.

(I apologize if this option is available in the panel settings, but I can’t find it and I need an email notification every time a scheduled backup is done.) .

Thanks …

I don’t think there is an option in the panel for it.

After update the changes you make are lost.

Maybe we should just mail the log hestiacp/v-backup-users at 17b4f1cd806e84cc9987fc64c86a7de6016c277b · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub

And add an option in v-backup-users yes / no

2 Likes

This is the current behavior when a backup is launched from the panel. You receive an email with the backup log.

Including the yes|no option in v-backup-users would solve the problem for everyone who needs this. In my opinion this option should be documented in the manual or should be added to the panel.

If you don’t have time, I can help with the script code, if you need help.

Thanks for everything.