Error installing applications manually

Hello this problem is presented.

1.- Install Hestiacp on a vps with ubuntu 20.4
2.- Enter the control panel, Add a New user and with that user add a Domain, carry out the basic edition, SSL, etc.
3.- Install wordpress manually and apparently everything is fine but it does not work when trying to remove or install plugins, a message appears requesting the server, username and password to access via ftp and be able to perform the action, although I enter the data I cannot do it so it works.
4.- If I install wordpress through the hestiacp application installer, wordpress works without a problem.
5, - If I try to install any other application manually such as SugarCRM, SuiteCRM, Vtiger, etc. There is the same problem that I can not make them work, I do not pass the installer.

Make the change of permissions using the following commands from the console.

DO NOT RUN THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS ON YOUR SERVER (Note from Hestia Admins)

find / home / user / web -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find / home / user / web -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
chown -R www-data: www-data / home / user / web

The only thing I did was that the files like public_html disappeared

I have done several tests always creating a new VPS with Ubuntu in Digital Ocean, Google Cloud and more VPS providers and the problem is the same.

I appreciate the support in advance.

Best regards

By default those folders have user:user or even user:root for a reason so it in not supported to alter them…

Most likely you have installed those apps using the root user, so php-fpm which runs as a normal user (the one you have created in Hestia webui) does not have enough write permission.

If this is the case, proper ownership of the files under public_html can be restored using this command:

sudo chown user1: -R /home/user1/web/mydomain/public_html/

Lupu
Thanks for the answer, that was the solution for the wordpress to work well.
Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.