HesitaCP on ARM - How to update?

Hi Everyone,

I followed the thread ARM systems support - Hestia Control Panel and after some trial and errors, I was able to install HestiaCP (main branch) on my ARM VM with Ubuntu 20.04. Here’s what I did;

git clone https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp
cd hestiacp/src/
./hst_autocompile.sh --all --noinstall --keepbuild main
cd /install
bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --with-debs /tmp/hestiacp-src/deb/

Now my question is… in future if I have to update the HestiaCP without losing any data, how do I do it? Do I have to delete git hestiacp folder, clone the GIT again and run the same install commands or is there a different way to do it?

Sorry if it’s a silly question. Am bit new to GIT and linux. Learning my way up with the help of forum threads and community.

As 1.4.0 has been release you can better use the “release” branch

You can up date the system to run
v-update-sys-hestia-git hestiacp release

Or

./hst_autocompile.sh --all --noinstall --keepbuild release

It will build the package for ARM (hestia-nginx, hestia-php and hestia) when done you can install them via:
cd /tmp/hestiacp-src/deb/
dpkg -i packagename.deb
Or via
dpkg -i *.deb if there are no other packages in the folder except the 3

1 Like

Thanks @eris

Going to try that, and will move to release brance. :slight_smile:

Hi @eris

I was able to update the system to 1.4.2 using v-update-sys-hestia-git hestiacp release. It hardly took 20 sec and HestiaCP was updated to the new version. Didn’t come across any errors.

This is more for my understanding… may I know whats the difference between both sets of command;

v-update-sys-hestia-git hestiacp release

and

./hst_autocompile.sh --all --noinstall --keepbuild release
cd /tmp/hestiacp-src/deb/
dpkg -i *.deb

Does the first one simply check which package needs an update, downloads it from GIT and updates it and second one downloads the whole GIT, compiles it from scratch and we install the .deb package files. Have I understood it correctly?

Basicly both commands are doing the same: You could set for the second one the “–install” flag, so it would directly install the apckage from the selected branch. Both commands are building up the deb package from the github project (and installs it if requested).

1 Like

I think the v-update-sys-hestia-git doesn’t support php / nginx packages…

2 Likes

Thanks @Raphael and @eris

Will keep that in mind :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.