How to remove port number from IP address / Redirect Hestia control panel port from 8083 to 80 (Web)?

Hello, Dears

I want to change the default port number of my Hestia control panel to be port 80.

this repo seems to be dead →
https://gist.github.com/jaapmarcus/25b513629139af4ff45915fa154675b9

I have tried to change the port by modifying nginx config file under ( server → port ) to be 80,
but it gives me no response from the server admin panel, then i return back to make everything work again.

any help please !!

Thanks,

and

Will not work for ip:8083 only for domain.com or sub.domain.com

1 Like

Could you highlight what to change please!
Or i will just copy and past?

The templates are posted are exactly the same as in the old gist post. You should be able to follow the explaination that you used to find the gist.

the old gist post link is not working.

The templates I have linked are above the are for 99% the same but only have been updated to follow the new standards but the explanation still works…

I’ve added the two template files you’ve mentioned (cp.tpl - cp.stpl) to the directory
“:/usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx” and want to update the nginx templates to take effects

how could i do this?

Screenshot (4)

Does anyone know how to do it? I can’t find anything at all.

1 Like

Hi, I currently have sub.domain.com:2083 working, but I would like to get rid of the port, I have read this above, but it doesn’t help me too much as the gist is removed so there is no explanation, I don’t know where I should create/modify the cp.stpl and cp.tpl and what to do next to get it to start working.

See my fist reply in this post it provides you with 2 links that are the same as the old gist that got removed but also where update to match the new standards…

1 Like

I have copied and pasted those two files as they are in the /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/nginx directory, it doesn’t work, what am I missing? do I have to change anything in them?

Done, what was missing was to change the domain proxy template in the control panel, I guess you assumed I would know that, but as a new user you don’t think about that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello, how did you change it to port 80. Am the complete newbie now :joy: :joy:

Kindly assist