Ioncube - Sorry I need assistance please

I realise that this question has been asked several times before - and none of the ‘answers’ seem to help.
After following recommended installation procedure I now see:

php -v

Failed loading /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so: /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
PHP Warning: Failed loading Zend extension ‘ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.4.30 (cli) (built: Jun 10 2022 13:33:49) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.4.30, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

The file /usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so exists! It’s in the Directory. I’ve edited the CLI and FPM .ini files for PHP 7.4

Been struggling with this for hours now. File permissions? I don’t think so. Something to do with zend_extension?

Thank you for gentle words.
Edward

it isnt a permission issue, the file just dont exist. Double check if the path abd file is in place.

I actually said that the file existed in the initial message.

root@cp:/usr/lib/php/20190902# ls ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so -al
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1386768 Jun 20 19:24 ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so

root@cp:/usr/lib/php/20190902# pwd
/usr/lib/php/20190902

It’s there. Despite the misleading error message.

This part is confusing:
/usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/ioncube_loader_lin_7.4.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Notice the filename ends with .so.so in this case. I’ve checked my spelling in the .ini files and there is only one .so extension not two.

Sometimes a fresh new day brings the solution. RTFM.

Here’s a more detailed explanation (Thanks to Dave for the encouragement).

Here’s what I should have said:

1. Before doing anything else go to the Ioncube Loader product page:
    https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

2. Then from that page you need to download the .zip file containing the file loader-wizard.php.
    You may use wget from an SSH session to download the file. i.e.
    wget https://www.ioncube.com/loader-wizard/loader-wizard.zip

2a. Don’t forget to unzip that .zip archive. It will create a sub directory called ‘ioncube’ which contains 2 files. You only need to be concerned with loader-wizard.php which you can copy (cp) to your web site. This file should be placed anywhere in your web site or under public_html.

1. From your web browser point to that file. i.e. http://mywebsite.com/loader-wizard.php

2. You should be presented with a page generated by loader-wizard.php which explains exactly what needs to be carried out for your system.

3. That’s it. Any encoded php file should now be executed successfully.

All the best,
Edward

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.