Modify /etc/bind/named.conf

Hello everyone,

If I need to change the configuration of the /etc/bind/named.conf file, what would be the best way to do it?

If modifications are made to the file to include a directive to a specific zone (for example, allow-transfer), hestiacp adds again with each upgrade an additional line (zone “domain.tld” {type master; file “/home/usrxx/conf/dns/domain.tld.db”;}:wink: that generates errors when loading the zone, because its definition is duplicated.

How to avoid that hestiacp recognizes the modifications of the /etc/bind/named.conf file and does not add that line if the zone is already defined?

Thank you very much in advance.

Set DNS_CLUSTER_SYSTEM=‘hestia-zone’

In /usr/local/hestia/conf/hestia.conf to hestia-zone. will make the required changes them self

Don’t make any changes manually

Thanks, eris, but, I’m sorry, I didn’t quite understand the answer.

I change the DNS_CLUSTER_SYSTEM parameter to ‘hestia-zone’ (default value is ‘hestia’) and then where do I make the modifications?

v-rebuild-web-domain should update the configuration and add allow-transfer to all the config files.

We are working to support full axfr support via bind in the near feature…

More information

Ok, thank you very much. And I’m sorry but I had not read the documentation regarding version 1.7.0 and DNSSEC. :sleepy:
From now on, the modifications are then made on /etc/bind/named.options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.