Nextcloud and forum

We can’t add al the different CMS software and Forums and the list will become way to hard to find the most important ones…

I have developing websites and never know about vanilla forum and with 2000 stars it is not extremely big.

There should be more focus on creating system where users can pick the required on and then download and install it. But when how and best way it is a different story…

Just checked vanilla and it should be not so difficult

Just create a new template and just paste this part between the server { }

Below the default thing like the ssl certificate and your are set

Only modify the fastcgi_pass php-fpm. to fastcgi_pass %backend_lsnr%;

And you are set…

Again not tested don’t have the right setup to test it right now.

1 Like

How did you guys decide this problem? Facing this problem since this morning and can’t solve :slight_smile:

root@cp:~# nano /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
root@cp:~# nginx -t
nginx: [emerg] “fastcgi_busy_buffers_size” must be less than the size of all “fa stcgi_buffers” minus one buffer in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:148
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
root@cp:~# nano /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
root@cp:~# nginx -t
nginx: [emerg] “fastcgi_busy_buffers_size” must be equal to or greater than the maximum of the value of “fastcgi_buffer_size” and one of the “fastcgi_buffers” i n /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:148
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Tried a lot of changes but…
fo

That happened when I added my second site. With just one everything’s was smooth

Increase the number?

I did. Made
16 512k

then
16 512k

And +10 or even more variants tooo…What it want from me? I did what it said…
Any variant?

As @eris wrote here detailed, you should be able to “just” create a new template which fits the nextcloud requirements according to their docs.

Basicly this worked also for vesta, here was a post of it in their forum but be warned, you can’t just copy and paste them, you need to understand the lines so it fits to hestia - probaly it will be easier to just copy the default template and adjust it: https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18206#p82373

Infact you got some issues there, I’m not sure if it is also related due to any missconfiguration - if you got the time, you could maybe setup a new, clean server and try it again there - at least if you made any configuration changes to your existing server.

1 Like

fastcgi_busy_buffers_size can be used in other places outside /etc/nginx/nginx.conf
Check with nginx -T | grep fastcgi_ if it’s used anywhere else.

1 Like

There’s something wrong in that template. Cause when I add it, set, my site shows me Success page, instead of We’re working on it! Any idea?

Have you found the problem with fastcgi_busy_buffers_size ?

1 Like

Let me guess, you just copy&pasted it? I even wrote in my comment that you can’t do it:

Honestly, I’m out :slight_smile:.

1 Like

It says that there’s only one file that related to it /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

The problem is you don’t understand what such people use panels (if we’re not talking about resselers). Panels use noobs. The man who knows a lot about lunux. He does everything in terminal, he doesn’t need a panel. That’s a big problem when devs don’t understand what people are their customers. At least you could have added such a popular template as nexcloud, and people would have just used it with no problems, but the problem is that you still think that only pro use HestiaCP. the professionals who can just change and to make every template fitted to your panel. So yeah, I might be out cause I’m tired, I set up nexloud, vpn, chats, forums and music stream on my server without any panel, but I can’t even set up 2 sites WITH the hestiacp. So yeah, goodbye and good luck with such an altitute to users with not even understanding the problem, not evening trying.

@danonanon The entire point of Hestia is to “assist” people in some of the more menial parts of web hosting. But it is definitely not a one size fits all solution. Everyone on the Hestia team works on this project in their free time. Nobody is paid for any of the work they do. The project is a gift to the community and is delivered as is. Any customizations are the responsibility of the user. These guys have taken time out of their days to try and help you, but there’s only so much they can do. There is a reason why most panels have paid features.

Typically features in this panel come from a need of one of the developers (so they make it themselves), or a submission from one of the users. You are more than welcome to figure out how to do this on your own and submit it as a pull request to Hestia’s github.

If you don’t feel you have the skillset, you might also consider hiring a more skilled developer to write the template for you.

3 Likes

Hmm, where should we start here…

No, not at all. Panels are mostly used by seasoned admins to make the management of their servers easier - also in all of our team member use cases.

Same as above, also with a deep linux knowledge you want to optimize your processes and want to have much less work.

Customers would suggest, that we sell Hestia as product - but we do not. @cmstew stated, it is done in our free time and offered as open source “as it is” solution.

Glad that this works for you, but I don’t think that the idea behind Hestia is to have such hardly mixed systems - even when it probaly could work.

Multiple members pointed you to multiple different solutions or ways to find a solution. We try to help as good as possible, we give our free time for it. I’m sorry that you’ve now the feeling, that we have a bad altitude - but this is also not true. We really try to do our best here, but we just can point you to the relevant parts and I also can confirm what @eris has written: If you adjust the template and honor the php fpm (socket) configuration it will work - we even use discourse that way behind hestia.

If I’ll find a bit more time, I’ll do a test setup here, but we’re currently mid in the release of 1.2.0 - which will bring again huge changes and a lot of improvements.

Short questions: Are you using apache2+nginx? Did you try to “just put the nextcloud files in the public_html folder”? Just tested here and it worked out of the box…

I use only nginx.

It works out of the box until you start connecting the base, as soon as the base is connected, you get this.

One more bug…after deleting buckips there’s still 1 backup’s shown. Restarted the server and it’s still being shown for admin and user, doesn’t matter.

And it seems like I found the problem why it said me
nginx: [emerg] “fastcgi_busy_buffers_size” must be less than the size of all “fa stcgi_buffers” minus one buffer in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:148

Because in the template I used (before you gave me the one from vesta forum) there were these lines

# set max upload size
client_max_body_size 512M;
fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

Which was different with the lines in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and it may caused conflict. Just my guesses, not tested it again.

1 Like

For the backup count. What version are you using? I fixed it for the 1.2.0 rc version

See https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues/822

2 Likes

I use the stable one, which is currently 1.1.1
Now I’m concenrated on templates, trying to fix it, maybe later I’ll try 1.2.0 RC