Nginx conflicting server name

Hola que tal.

al ejecutar nginx -t aparece el siguiente mensaje:
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name “dominio.cl” on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name “mail.dominio.cl” on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored

Esto aparece con los nombres de todos los dominios alojados, dos veces cada uno.
y al final:
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

Es un problema? o puede quedar asi. estoy intentando servir archivos js con node y express.

Please use english, we don’t provide support in any other language.

Hi, how are you?

Excuse me, I forgot to translate.
running nginx -t the following message appears:
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name “domain.cl” on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored
nginx: [warn] conflicting server name “mail.domain.cl” on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored

This appears with the names of all the hosted domains, twice each.
At the end:
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

It’s a problem? or it can be like this. I am trying to serve js files with node and express.

as long as you don’t complain about hestia not working like you expect it or wish for - you can host whatever you like in parallel :man_shrugging:t2:

there shouldn’t be warnings in nginx anyway or you are already on the path of messing things up.

hestia plus node.js might not work so well together especially if you try to merge it to far or if you don’t know what you are doing at all :wink:

that said:

• run your node.js server outside of hestias/users home folder and use a domain only for setting up the proxy.
  • don’t mess with the default configs.
  • DON’T MESS WITH THE DEFAULT CONFIGS.
  • rather use custom confs to be included for your proxy setup or create individual web templates that do nothing else than proxying to your node.js server
1 Like

Hola que tal.

Alguna idea, o enlace donde pueda aprender como servir archivos js con nodejs y express.js, utilizando nginx de Hestia.?

Please use english, we don’t provide support in any other language.

Hi, how are you?
Sorry, I forgot and did not translate before.
Any ideas, or links where I can learn how to serve js files with nodejs and express.js, using Hestia’s nginx.?

merged the topics as this does not need two seperate threads for the same thing. please see my answer above and maybe also read https://docs.hestiacp.com/admin_docs/server_management.html#how-do-web-templates-work

1 Like

> (“as long as you don’t complain that the hestia doesn’t work as you expect or want, you can host whatever you want in parallel”)

This means that I install Nginx, apart) when I enter as ssh root @ ip, where are these files :?
hst_install_backups hst-install-debian.sh hst-install.sh

> (“hestia plus node.js might not work as well together, especially if you try to merge it too much or if you don’t know what you’re doing at all”).

So if I install Nginx at startup, I can have problems with users that are hosted in Hestia ?.
I don’t really know what I’m doing at all, I just need to run node for a user.

> (“run your node.js server out of hestias / users home folder and use a domain only to configure the proxy.”)

How can I do this?

> (“Instead use custom confs to be included in your proxy settings or create individual web templates that do nothing more than proxy your node.js server”)

I don’t know how to do this either?

https://docs.hestiacp.com/admin_docs/server_management.html#how-do-web-templates-work I reviewed this link, and I did not understand anything, how to make a template to run node.js

I can only repeat myself: if you want to run hestia for regular pages, that’s fine.
and no, for node.js in parallel you should not install a seperate nginx. this simply will not work, because there can only be one service using the ports 80/443. you can however utilize the nginx that is already installed as reverse proxy to add your node.js stuff and be proxied through it as well.

as I said, you would need to setup your node.js backend - which is something different, using a different port, outside hestias scope or user-dirs. if you have that done only add your domain within hestia and create a template for the proxy config you need.

no offense meant, but if you don’t know how to setup node.js, or how to create custom configs then this is probably nothing you should work with. rather get someone do it for you.
we can’t provide support for things like that, and even with step-by-step instructions you still might be lost as soon as the first issue arises.

sorry to say, but you have to figure this on your own or rather find a forum that has a more general approach on diverse hosting topics, maybe check something like @Amadex newly founded playground https://hostingexperts.net/ for questions like this?

Thank you very much, I really do not know how to do it, and I think that since it is a website of my property, I am going to create a new linode just to host that site without Hestia and with Nginx, all installed from the console, and thus I do not harm the sites Hestia that are from clients.
Later if I learn to make a template, I will.

I love Hestia, I find her versatile, and simple.

1 Like

yes, that’s probably the best way to go. it will be less pain to build and work with it seperately. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Hola @ClaudioSpcSpa

I have tried nodejs but i am stuck i cannot get anywhere. I think it could be related with permissions folder permissions or something else. NodeJS.sh needs improving as is not working but manually i can get work nodejs against domain.