Panel Error after 1.4.8 update

Hello!
The Hesia CP does not open after the 1.4.8. update:

# Internal Server Error
Oops! Something went wrong.
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
**Error Code:** 500

An error was noticed in the update log:
/hst_backups/280720210033/hst-upgrade-280720210033.log

[ * ] Configuring PHPMailer...
ERROR: PHPMailer installation failed!
/usr/local/hestia/log/nginx-error.log
2021/07/28 09:43:13 [error] 15285#0: *31 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/hestia/web/inc/main.php on line 7PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:') in /usr/local/hestia/web/inc/main.php on line 7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 95.52.98.16, server: _, request: "GET /login/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/hestia-php.sock:", host: "mysite.com:8083"

/usr/local/hestia/log/error.log empty

How to solve this problem?

Server Details:
HestiaCP Version: 1.4.8

Try running v-add-sys-phpmailer in command line.

Unfortunately, it gives an error.

[ErrorException]
  Undefined index: process

install [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-suggest] [--no-dev] [--no-autoloader] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--no-install] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--apcu-autoloader-prefix APCU-AUTOLOADER-PREFIX] [--ignore-platform-req IGNORE-PLATFORM-REQ] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--] [<packages>]...

Please report this to our development team:
https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues

Do you proc_open disabled? Try it to delete it…

proc_open enable
this OK

Thanks for help!

So it works now fine?

Yes, thanks.

Step 1.
proc_open enable
Step 2.
v-add-sys-phpmailer
1 Like

I’ve had almost the same problem (error 500 visiting mydomain:8083). But i never found (searching in this forum and in internet) how to apply this “proc_open enable” command. Is this a PHP command?

Anyway, i finally get resolved in this way.

I got the next error when running command v-add-sysphpmailer:

PHP Warning:  Phar::mapPhar(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/admin/.composer/composer) is not within the allowed path(s): (/proc/uptime:/proc/cpuinfo:/proc/meminfo:/sys/class/net:/home/caos30/web:/usr/share/roundcube:/usr/share/roundcube2) in /home/admin/.composer/composer on line 23
PHP Warning:  require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(composer.phar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/proc/uptime:/proc/cpuinfo:/proc/meminfo:/sys/class/net:/home/caos30/web:/usr/share/roundcube:/usr/share/roundcube2) in /home/admin/.composer/composer on line 24
PHP Warning:  require(phar://composer.phar/bin/composer): failed to open stream: phar error: invalid url or non-existent phar "phar://composer.phar/bin/composer" in /home/admin/.composer/composer on line 24
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'phar://composer.phar/bin/composer' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/admin/.composer/composer on line 24
Please report this to our development team:
https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues

So after several try & error attempts editing this file:

nano /etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini

i got susscefully running the command v-add-sys-phpmailer adding these paths to open_basedir setting:

/tmp
/usr/local/hestia
/home/admin/.config
/home/admin/.composer

So i finally have this value for open_basedir:

open_basedir = /tmp:/usr/local/hestia:/home/admin/.config:/home/admin/.composer:/proc/uptime:/proc/cpuinfo:/proc/meminfo:/sys/class/net:/home/caos30/web:/usr/share/roundcube:/usr/share/roundcube2

Then, once the command v-add-sys-phpmailer run without errors, my hestiaCP panel returned to be accesible at browser (mydomain.com:8083).

Please, tell me if i could do it better… sincerely, i’m not an expert sysadmin guy.

The interesting question for you that have more experience on hestiaCP is this: how arised this problem? an update of php broke my previous PHP settings adapted to Hestia? I means, or maybe my Hestia never run with php 7.4 and so when it was installed (probably the usual version was 7.2) the server was adjusted to work with hestia only with php 7.2, but when php 7.4 (and now 8.0) become installed then nobody adjusted settings like these paths to be “hestia friendly”?

I have a clue to help to answer my question: i see on the notification list of HestiaCP web UI that just phpmailer installation failed in the same minute than the automatic update to HestiaCP 1.4.9 !!

imatge

I’ve reported this to Github HestiaCP issues.

We are aware of this issue. We are looking to to ways to compile Hestia-php with ssl support and use Hestia-php to run composer and not affect users / changes to php / disabled functions composer needs.

We also might expand this for future for webapps and so on.

1 Like

Hehehe, call me old man, but this is the main reason like i don’t work with technologies like composer to manage dependencies. I’m of the old school and i prefer to embed in the source of my web projects all the needed libraries already “installed” and proved, and i -as a developer- control always when they must be upgraded in my project…

I don’t try to convince nobody. Specially when i recognize that HestiaCP is a so great software project. But, sincerely, i’ve never had this kind of problems :slight_smile: I suppose that my work method also has its restrictions…

So don’t worry, be happy! and good luck with that challenge! Thanks a lot for such a good work. I’ve noticed that this 2021 you has released a lot of continuous updates!

Including all the source code of external project would also mean the “code” size of Hestia repository will increase a lot. Making it more difficult to work with it in the future…

Also with in Github we get now “alerts” when a new version / security patch has been released and we need to update the code.

Both systems have the advantages and disadvantages.

Most issues caused during updates are changes to the system made by the end user(s). How ever these things are sometimes hard to control…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.