PHPMyadmin 502 error

Hi, I did a fresh install of v1.2.3 on Debian 10:

bash hst-install.sh -a no -o no -v no -j no -k no -g no -x no -z no -c no -t no -q no -d yes

I am getting a 502 error when trying to load PHPMyadmin.

2020/08/15 00:19:06 [error] 2454#2454: *71 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 82.18.20.110, server: testsite.com, request: “GET /phpmyadmin/ HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000”, host: “testsite.com”, referrer: “https://testsite.com:1944/list/db/

Can’t figure out what the issue is.

Can you please write out the installation string? hard to decode :wink:

bash hst-install.sh --apache no --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named no -postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --quota no --api yes

So just Nginx, PHP-FPM (I’m running PHP 7.4), MariaDB and Fail2Ban.

One strange thing was that the Nginx service refused to start. Upon further investigation, I saw that Apache was installed and sitting on port 80 even though I chose to not install it. After removing it Nginx started as it should.

Do you have a www.conf file in /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/? Usualy, hestia used php7.3 for roundcube and pma, probaly there is nothing running on port 9000 if you adjusted the installer to use 7.4 or removed 7.3 manualy.

This is what is in the testsite.com.conf file:

; origin-src: deb/templates/web/php-fpm/default.tpl

[testsite.com]
listen = /run/php/php7.4-fpm-testsite.com.sock
listen.owner = admin
listen.group = www-data
listen.mode = 0660

user = admin
group = admin

pm = ondemand
pm.max_children = 8
pm.max_requests = 4000
pm.process_idle_timeout = 10s
pm.status_path = /status

php_admin_value[upload_tmp_dir] = /home/admin/tmp
php_admin_value[session.save_path] = /home/admin/tmp
php_admin_value[open_basedir] = /home/admin/web/testsite.com/public_html:/home/admin/web/testsite.com/public_shtml:/home/admin/tmp:/var/www/html:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/phppgadmin:/etc/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube:/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$
php_admin_value[sendmail_path] = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]

env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
env[TMP] = /home/admin/tmp
env[TMPDIR] = /home/admin/tmp
env[TEMP] = /home/admin/tmp

Please read again my question:

Hi, no I don’t have a www.conf file in /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/. Just testsite.com.conf and dummy.conf.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Manually creating www.conf and adding the code below fixed the issue. Why do you think the www.conf was missing?

; origin-src: deb/php-fpm/www.conf

[www]
listen = 127.0.0.1:9000
listen.allowed_clients = 127.0.0.1

user = www-data
group = www-data

pm = ondemand
pm.max_children = 4
pm.max_requests = 4000
pm.process_idle_timeout = 10s

the www.conf is used and needed for the general webpages like phpmyadmin and roundcube. per default this is deployed for php7.3 as @Raphael already pointed out.

so depending on how you changed your setup to 7.4 instead of 7.3 this probably got lost or has never been there.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile: