Problems with automatic subdomains

I have several projects in my vps, in one of them I want subdomains dynamically, I put in the DNS an * A record pointing to midomain.tld. and another * CHNAME pointing to midomain.tld.
But when I test any subdomain it doesn’t point to my site, it just shows Hestia CP: Success!
Your new web server is ready to use.

Any ideas?..

Add / edit a web domain and add an alias *.domain.com and it should work fine

1 Like

Man, Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

|midomain.com id 28 doesn’t exist
Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 400 … Now should I just wait?

You only can get a wildcard ssl certificate when you host the dns on your system (due to teh additional verification steps over dns entries). So either you need to add your alias one by one or buy an official wildcard certificate like rapidssl and so on.

In other words, to be able to use the free SSL by default you would have to add the subdomains one by one, manually? … This does not work for me … The other option would be to buy an external wildcard SSL … I would not have to do anything in Hestia CP in that case? … Currently the subdomains are already pointing well to my app, I only need the certificate

Then you need to get a paid one which you can copy&paste then into the related certificate fields.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.