Recover 2FC issue

Hi
Im not developer , I haired a guy from upwork to setup my server , He recommended the Hestia , I did enable 2Fa for loging , I think there was issue now cant access the cpanel , any help ? or anyone can help me to recover ?

1 Like

Do you have shell access?

sudo v-delete-user-2fa admin

2 Likes

Hi Thanks for your reply , I should have as I have dedicated server. So able to access

1 Like

Oke login into your server.

If your username is root
v-delete-user-2fa admin

If you are logging in as a different username you will need to use sudo v-delete-user-2fa admin

1 Like

As I said Im not developer , Could you plz able to help me , if i provide u details ,

1 Like

Currently we do not have any paid support from hestia itself, you may get another user out of the community which will help - but running a own server without any deep knowledge isnt a good idea at all. Maybe switch over to a shared hosting?

2 Likes

You don’t need a developer to run some cli commands on a server. But if you are not comfortable with that you will have a difficult time managing a dedicated server and implementing everything that goes into that, like backups and disaster recovery, security, monitoring hw/sw, automating tasks and so on.

No-mater what software you end up running on the server things will brake at some point and somebody with sysadmin expertise (you or someone else) will have to fix it.

2 Likes