RHEL 9 and friends support

I tried to install HestiaCP onto a RHEL clone, AlmaLinux 9 og it seems the following is still missing:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install-rhel.sh

I saw recent commits for RHEL support and wonder if there is way to test it atm?

Thanks for your awesome work!

1 Like

+1 here
Wow not a single reply in 2½ months. Is this forum alive?
Ubuntu always give me trouble. RHEL never gave me trouble - it just always work.

Step 1: Make sure that your server is running a supported operating system (amd64 or arm64):

Debian 10
Debian 11
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Asking if a forum is alive, when there is no answer on a single thread is a bit weird…

Ubuntu server runs rocksolid in combination with hestia, probaly the issue is somewhere else…

To answer this thread: RHEL support is in progress, but has no ETA and isnt on highest priority.

2 Likes

Going all Asperger on the new guy is also a bit weird.

I wasn’t saying I had problems with Hestia. I’m saying when I run into problems on a Linux server - it’s usually Ubuntu.

Thumbs up on the work in progress.

not really worth to comment, expect that I would not hit around with such diseases…

Using ubuntu server since around 10.04, never had really issues - expect on desktop version with nvidia drivers, but this was a common issue - the answer of linus torvald was somehow clear on that one: Linus Torvalds Linus GIF - Linus Torvalds Linus Nvidia - Discover & Share GIFs

Beside that: I would suggest to try out on a ubuntu or debian (server) on latest (lts) version - RHEL has still a lot to do, automated testing has thrown out a lot of errors: 192 tests, 109 failures, 22 skipped

1 Like

Glad to support for EL is coming along. Redhat Enterprise Linux brings a whole lot in the space of supported enterprise Linux with security/compliance, CVE response team, certifications for certain workloads and management tools for bigger environments (e.g Satellite)
Many of the bigger enterprises standardize on RHEL for, among others, the above mentioned reasons.

Looking forward to be able to migrate HestiaCP from currently supported OS to EL one day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.