Testing Ubuntu 20.04

ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables /sbin/iptables
ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-save /sbin/iptables-save
ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-restore /sbin/iptables-restore

It will create a symbolic link from /sbin/ to /usr/sbin for iptables, save and restore

Yes, made links and now IPtables is not greyed out.
I can stop and start it, but restart fails with error message
““Restart” “” failed”

Run via command

Try to run the command from command line

v-restart-service iptables

To check the output

I have currently no issues with it

Blockquote

v-restart-service iptables

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 73: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 74: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 75: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 76: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 77: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 78: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 79: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks’: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 180: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 181: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 182: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 183: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 184: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 185: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 186: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 187: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 188: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks’: No such file or directory
Error: ERROR: Restart of iptables failed.

Blockquote

Please check if /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/ exists

Checked it does not exist.

test -d “/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/” && echo “exist” || echo “Nope”

Nope

Create that folder as root It should work…

Yes, now it works - no errors!

1 Like

Any plans or timeline to update the main script?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh
is not supportiong Ubuntu 20.04

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/master/install/hst-install-ubuntu.sh
seems borked now as well (that worked a few weeks ago,.

Installation Aborted

Install script does not match Hestia release version
Please use the installer from the release branch

To test the beta version you need to build the hestia deb packages and re-run the installer
./hst_autocompile.sh --hestia no
./hst-install.sh … --with-debs /tmp/hestiacp-src/debs

Hmm, does not look broken to me at all…

I’ve just installed hestia from built deb packages on a netcup VPS with minimal Ubuntu 20.04. The installation succeded. I just got an email with subject: “OpenSSH restart failed”, but the SSH server was still available.

I even was able to restore an old vesta cp backup on the server including a wordpress site which was working perfectly.

2 Likes

OpenSSH restart failed is a known issue

Thank you any way

Sorry, I had a look on the other posts, but missed the one with the OpenSSH problem.

Is there any news on support for 20.04?

Today/Tonight we release 1.2.0 including support for 20.04

Hello eris,

Where are the infos installation for this distribution? The home page has not been updated yet.

Regards

There where some major issues with the update… We had to pull it

Did a fresh test install of 1.2.0 on ubuntu 20.04 a few days ago file manger just came up with blank screen, ran the install for it and was the same, installed again yesterday exactly the same way and now perfect everything works and no further errors.

Install method used was with local debs, Installed both times on test vps at OVH

Issue should be fixed by now probably to today or tomorrow we release a new RC version. For some reason the 20.04 debs was not build correctly…

1 Like

14 posts were split to a new topic: Ubuntu Password issues