Testing Ubuntu 20.04

Cloud Provider is Digitalocean

Some information?

OS Ubuntu 20.04

It is looks like you tried the 18.04 version. In that case you will to use;

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh

The release version. The master or any other install script will fail due to the packages are missing.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/master/install/hst-install-ubuntu.sh

i’ve tried installing it from here

What is your OS version… 18.04 Install from the master will only work if you build the packages by your self…

getting the same error on ubuntu 18.04

Hestia Control Panel
                                v1.1.1

====================================================================

The following server components will be installed on your system:

• NGINX Web / Proxy Server
  • Apache Web Server (as backend)
  • PHP-FPM Application Server

====================================================================

Would you like to continue with the installation? [Y/N]: y
Installation backup directory: /root/hst_install_backups/140520200929
Installation log file: /root/hst_install_backups/hst_install-140520200929.log

Adding required repositories to proceed with installation:

() NGINX
(
) PHP
() MariaDB
(
) Hestia Control Panel

Updating currently installed packages, please wait…/
Now installing Hestia Control Panel and all required dependencies.
NOTE: This process may take 10 to 15 minutes to complete, please wait… /
() Configuring system settings…
(
) Configuring Hestia Control Panel…
() Generating default self-signed SSL certificate…
(
) Adding SSL certificate to Hestia Control Panel…
() Configuring NGINX…
(
) Configuring Apache Web Server…
() Configuring PHP-FPM…
(
) Configuring PHP…
Error: invalid email format :: mail
Error: can’t create admin user

for 18.04 I’m using the release version

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh

Please check your settings again

bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named yes --mysql no --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota no --api yes --lang en --hostname test.nl --email [email protected] --password password --force

The following string worked fine in your log it shows that you email address was not valid.

See

Error: invalid email format :: mail
Error: can’t create admin user

here’s my step for ubuntu 20.04

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/master/install/hst-install-ubuntu.sh

bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named yes --mysql no --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota no --api yes --lang en --hostname --email --password EvONyJxC --force

after putting it like this

installation works but then I get this error

bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named yes --mysql no --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota no --api yes --lang en --hostname --email --password EvONyJxC --force yes

Will work…

2 Likes

Yes indeed it’s working now :smiley:

Please change your password after this :slight_smile:

you could simply omit the email address and password in the install string, and it will ask you during the setup for the mail and generate a random password that you can change afterwards.

especially for the password part I heavily recommend to not use the command-line switch at all, as this might lead to storing your password in plain text in .bash_history - something you would not want to do at all, right?

2 Likes

Let me take part in this testing :grin:

Install

Installed on: Hetzner Cloud CPX11 (AMD EPYC 2nd generation), 2vCPU, 2GB RAM
Installed with the commands:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/master/install/hst-install-ubuntu.sh
bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --nginx yes --apache yes --phpfpm no --multiphp yes --named yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota yes --exim yes --dovecot yes --spamassassin no --clamav no --mysql yes --postgresql no --interactive yes --hostname $(hostname -f) --email [EMAIL] --port [PORT] --api yes

I didn’t face any installation issues, apart from this. But that was my bad, cause I installed and configured /etc/fstab before installing Hestia. So I didn’t pay attention to that error.

Post Install Issue 1

I logged in to the web interface and started to look around. First issue I noticed is in Server > Task Monitor Under Bandwidth Usage eth0 I see this:

But I don’t think this is important and I expect for stats to even out eventually.

Post Install Issue 2

I confirm the issue with fail2ban: Clicking the Server menu, I see that fail2ban is not active (greyed out), although issuing the command systemctl status fail2ban.service I get the reply that the service is loaded and active

● fail2ban.service - Fail2Ban Service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fail2ban.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-05-16 10:34:41 EEST; 18min ago
       Docs: man:fail2ban(1)
    Process: 629 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /run/fail2ban (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 701 (f2b/server)
      Tasks: 15 (limit: 2256)
     Memory: 16.0M
     CGroup: /system.slice/fail2ban.service
             └─701 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/fail2ban-server -xf start

Even if I go and see other parts of the Web Panel, whenever I return to the Server, the fail2ban service is greyed out. Clicking Start or Restart from within the Web interface, I get the confirmation dialog if I wan to (re)start it, but even if I click OK the service status (on the web interface) doesn’t change.

One thing to note here is that fail2ban seems to be working OK, because I can see banned IPs in Server > Firewall > Managed Banned IPs

Post Install Issue 3

Clicking the Server menu on the web UI, I see that Hestia version 1.1.2 is installed. But when I go to Server > Updates it’s showing hestia version 1.1.1. Since this is a test release, I wouldn’t say this is a real issue, but devs will be the judges of that :slight_smile:

I haven’t loaded any domains yet, but I’ll get back when I do.

1 Like

Fail2ban issue has been fixed in the master branch. Not yet in the release branch you are currently using

Clicking the Server menu on the web UI, I see that Hestia version 1.1.2 is installed. But when I go to Server > Updates it’s showing hestia version 1.1.1. Since this is a test release, I wouldn’t say this is a real issue, but devs will be the judges of that :slight_smile:

True however it is still the code base of 1.1.1… Soon we will start prepare for the release on 1.1.2

Please use https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp#installing--testing-development-builds

1 Like

What is the approximate release date of 1.1.2 with 20.04 support?

there is no eta yet, we work on testing on the master branch, probaly 2-3 weeks. If you woule like to speed up the release date, it would be awesome if you could test the master branch :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I would like to help in testing, but I did not quite understand how to install the version for developers on the clean ubuntu server 20.04 … I must to install the regular version first, but it does not support 20.04?