Trying to find out why mail is being moved

Hello,

I have Hestia v1.4.12 installed, and I use a 3rd party mail filter exclusively - no spam filtering on the Hestia box at all.

I am trying to figure out why mail being delivered to this box I seem to have some of it that gets delivered to the Junk Mail folder - is this something on the Hestia side itself (in exim or dovecot maybe? sieve - which I do not believe is installed?) or possibly on the rainloop webmail I use (hosted on another box - but sieve not enabled in the admin side).

Really confusing - happening to a number of domains on this box so not isolated. What happens is when we release a message from the digest report it doesnt show up - and ends up in the junk folder instead - which is confusing people using this box.

Any ideas where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks,

EDIT: It seems like it might be in the exim config. Specifically the localuser_spam block. Seems to be checking for presence of a spam flag = yes and if present saves mail to .Spam rather than Inbox. I wonder if I can just comment this block out? Will a future update override my customization?

I think in the past you where able to enable spam filter even if spamassing was not enabled. You should be fine to comment it out.

Thanks @eris . I was able to comment out and the regular rule right after that routed the mail to the user inbox.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.