V-add-letsencrypt-host

Hi, I’m trying to enable SSL in my panel, but when I run the command “v-add-letsencrypt-host” I got this response: “v-add-letsencrypt-host: command not found”.
I fix this by running “bash v-add-letsencrypt-host” in /usr/local/hestia/bin like I saw in the forum.
Beside that, I got this error:

root@alpha:/usr/local/hestia/bin# bash v-add-letsencrypt-host
Error: Let’s Encrypt validation status 400. Details: Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending
Error: Let’s Encrypt SSL creation failed

Any idea?
Thanks!

1 Like

Have you made A records for hostname.example.com and www.hostname.example.com ?

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer!
I check in the whole forum, and one record was interfering with my subdomain.
I fix that, but now I got this error:
root@alpha:/usr/local/hestia/bin# bash v-add-letsencrypt-host
Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 429
Error: Let’s Encrypt SSL creation failed

I check and the error is because “I request a lot of certs”, but I only request this one theoricaly.

PS: Sorry for my english, not native!
PS2: I change “beta” to “alpha”, because these are 2 different vps, but I got the same issue.

1 Like

Nah, don’t make sorry for bad english. It’s mostly not our native language.

Error: Let’s Encrypt validation status 400. Details: Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

Are you using Cloudflare?

Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 429

Limit of Lets Encrypt Certs have been reached to check how many there have been given see

1 Like

Can I clear out the old ones? have been doing lots of testing and now cant get past Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 429

for error 429 you just need to be patient. it’s a rate limitting on let’s encrypt side - nothing you can do anything about other than waiting patiently until you are out of the limiting timeframe :man_shrugging:t2: