01_caching_pool.conf, is it doing anything?

the caching template create a file 01_caching_pool.conf with a cache pool named after your domain. But I see no mention of this in any other conf. Is this being used somehow or is it just created to sit there?

Yes it defines your caching pools for Nginx

proxy_cache_path /var/cache/nginx/domain.com levels=2 keys_zone=domain.com:10m inactive=60m max_size=512m;

How big this cache needs to be and how long it must retain

1 Like

I see no reference inside the config files. is it created but i need to config what to cach there? or is the name of the file and its location triggering nginx to use it. you have the proxy cache defined in the nginx.conf… so itf that cache is basically caching the whole site for 15m. what is this second cache doing and where is that defined?

See https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/blob/main/install/deb/templates/web/nginx/caching.tpl

the template assigns proxy_cache cache; cache is the name of the cache created in nginx.conf, it seems like the cache template create a cache pool that is not used… I see no references to a cache pool $domain as the caching.sh creates. is is made to be optionally used? or is there something i’m missing?