500 error on my websites

my website is running pretty good for like past few months but suddenly like a week ago I started getting

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

could someone guide me thru it and how to get error logs
I didn’t systemctl status both apache2 and nginx both running
so idk where the issue is

Seems because upgrade to Hestia 1.8.10.

First, try this:

I have the same error since the upgrade to 1.8.10.
I tried the ‘Directory’ solution and for now it works again, though I think “AllowOverride All” might not be a good idea.
I’ve seen in the apache logfiles that the “real” error causing this was something like
“'IfModule is not allowed here”
So I assumed that there is an typo somewhere in a configuration, but as I did no change by myself I thought it must be somewhere else in any default templates maybe.
Do you have a good explanation why the ‘Directory’ is helping here and really solving the cause of the error?

If it’s wordpress site:
First Enable debugging on wp-config.php
Find out what is DB name of your site.
go to Hestia cpanel > DB > find the database username related to that website, change database password > go back to database wp-config file, changed password > saved.
Works.

this worked for me too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.