Actualizacion del servidor

Hello. I have Hestia on a Debian server and my query is:
Is there a problem every time I update Debian?
Should I constantly do?
Or is it not necessary?

I also use Debian and I have no problem that I know of. I will check later though. Still havenā€™t tried out Hestia 1.4.5

What does usually break?

I have all debian virtual ones configured with automatic unnatended upgrades (only security upgrades).

With the latest version of hestia (1.4.5) and everything fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, You should always update your OS however when updating you should always verify what your are doing.

Thanks for the answers.
eris: what do you mean by you should always check what you are doing.

If during update is asked to ā€œupdate nginx.confā€ you should always press no. To often happens that users canā€™t use Nginx any more because the default has overwritten Hestia nginx.conf version

When doing apt update the following comes out:
E: Repository ā€˜Index of /apache2/ buster InReleaseā€™ changed its ā€˜Suiteā€™ value from ā€˜ā€™ to ā€˜busterā€™
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
Do you want to accept these changes and continue updating from this repository?

1 Like

doesnt sound like anything wrong, so you can accept that change.

Actualice Debian y no acepte los cambios de Nginx: y me hoy me llego un correo con el siguiente asunto: MySQL connection error on servpcspa.com
y Mensaje: Canā€™t connect to MySQL localhost
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)

Que hago? Me pueden ayudar por favor

I canā€™t help you Claudio because I donā€™t know the solution, the development team doesnā€™t speak Spanish.

If you want help I suggest you write in English

1 Like

Just ignore it. v-update-sys-rrd-mysql checks every 5 min if mysql is running + fetches some data if not it throws an errorā€¦

If so ignore if the server is running. During the upgrade the mysql stops running for a short momentā€¦

Ok, Gracias