Admin Dashboard Stopped

Admin Dashboard had stopped because nginx had stopped and won’t start due to error in certification.

I sshed to my production server, greeted with a system reboot require - and so I did.

Then after, nginx no longer works, and so I can’t access hestia.mydomain.tld:port.

Error:

nginx.ssl.conf_letsencrypt’: No such file or directory
Error: Let’s Encrypt validation status 400

Hestia Backend runs on a different service, which is called hestia-nginx (controlled over /etc/init.d/hestia). It looks like your nginx server failed and have now a invalid let’s encrypt include.

Please check your logfiles, without additional informations we can’t help out :slight_smile:.

I tried re-install HestiaCP and here’s what transpired.

Updating currently installed packages, please wait…
Now installing Hestia Control Panel and all required dependencies.
NOTE: This process may take 10 to 15 minutes to complete, please wait…

() Configuring system settings…
(
) Configuring Hestia Control Panel…
() Generating default self-signed SSL certificate…
(
) Adding SSL certificate to Hestia Control Panel…
() Configuring NGINX…
(
) Configuring Apache Web Server…
Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status apache2.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
Error: apache2 start failed

systemctl status apache2.service output

Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server…
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld apachectl[26822]: apache2: Syntax error on line 83 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/con
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld apachectl[26822]: Action ‘start’ failed.
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld apachectl[26822]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Mar 07 03:28:11 vps.domain.tld systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

Where Line 83 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

Include conf.d/

Hmmmm… I’m not sure but reinstalling Hestia might make the problem worse. I’m not sure at all if that’s the correct way to troubleshoot the original problem.

Also please bear in mind that the more information you give (like OS, Hestia version, command used to originally install the server, custom edits you’ve made, etc, etc, etc), the more chances there are for us to guess what’s going on and provide you with a fix.

2 Likes

For more than 100% the correct answer :smiley:!

Basicly it looks like apache2 is failing due to a missing or invalid include, infact you run now the installer again, which also failed, I even can’t say what else got fu**ed up. Maybe the fastest solution would be to install hestia on a new server or get help from a it sysadmin that sorts out the issue.

Yeah, Felix is right , I hope you have done some backups before reinstalling Hestia.

At this point the fastest option would be a clean install on a new server and restoring data from backups.
Or getting help/support from a Linux sysadmin to figure out what’s happening with the server.

I have snapshot. I did a clean install instead.

Can we delete this topic? I asked since I think it wouldn’t help anyone in the future