Afer 1.3.3 upgrade, can not login to panel

Afer 1.3.3 upgrade, can not login to panel. No error, just seing login page again.

We didn’t change the the password or any regarding that.

v-change-user-password admin new-password

Via SSH will reset password

Does not work. I had to rollback to backup.

Try
$HESTIA/bin/v-change-user-password admin new-password

Dashboard just does not come. Stuck at login page with no error. How can I reset hestia permissions:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/
for i in `ls | grep -v 'lost+found'`; do
if id "$i" &>/dev/null ; then
chattr -i /home/$i/conf
chown -R ${i}:${i} $i
chown root:root  /home/$i/conf
chown root:root  /home/$i/conf/*
chown root:bind /home/$i/conf/dns/* &>/dev/null
chown Debian-exim:mail /home/$i/conf/mail/*  &>/dev/null
chown dovecot:mail /home/$i/conf/mail/*/passwd  &>/dev/null
chown root:$i /home/$i/conf/web/*  &>/dev/null
chattr +i /home/$i/conf
echo $i done
fi
done

What is the contents of /usr/local/hestia/logs/auth.log?

2021-02-16 09:31:04 admin 176.217.82.184 successfully logged in
But it seems like it is permission issue. Stucks at login form.

Also for example in hestia.conf file:
LOGIN_STYLE=‘old’
but login style is new style. Seems like conf file is not being used.

Also got this:
2021/02/19 21:45:28 [error] 3723#0: *8 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/hestia/web/inc/main.php on line 335PHP message: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/hestia/web/inc/main.php on line 335” while reading response header from upstream, client: 176.217.82.184, server: _, request: “POST /login/ HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/hestia-php.sock:”, host: “server.domain.com:8083”, referrer: “https://server.domain.com:8083/login/

And on line 335:

function load_hestia_config() {
// Check system configuration
exec (HESTIA_CMD . “v-list-sys-config json”, $output, $return_var);
$data = json_decode(implode(’’, $output), true);
$sys_arr = $data[‘config’];
foreach ($sys_arr as $key => $value) {
$_SESSION[$key] = $value;
}
}

Ok here is magic:

chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers
chown root:root /etc/sudoers
chmod 0440 /etc/sudoers.d/admin
chown root:root /etc/sudoers.d/admin
chown root:root /usr/bin/sudo
chmod 4755 /usr/bin/sudo

Hello I am having the same problem and apply this and it does not work for me I do not know what is happening

you should not blindly apply things posted in the forum, if you do not know the real cause for your issue.

especially messing around with the filesystem permissions and owners on files and folders will earn you exactly such problems.

apart from that …

yeah. we do not know what is happening on your box either.

I’m really testing in a vps to see if Hestia has what I need, so if I realize that it is like wordpress, you have to have several backups and if to experiment very carefully.

It all depends from the side you look. I would not compare hestia with wordpress, also wordpress is stable if you know what you’re doing. Hestia isnt a replacement for any sysadmin skills or/and knowledge, it should be an enhancement. That’s why this is here: Please read this, before you start! and aswell @falzo made a proper writeup Ioncube step by step - #3 by falzo

I would suggest, that you provide us as much informations as possible, how your installation is built up, if you have made any modifications, what you already tried for resolving the problem (there is also an option to reset an users password over cli) and so on.

1 Like

Hestia is (great :)) control panel that can manage many sites and client accounts those may have cms like wordpress, joomla etc.
Wordpress is just a content management system. One is control panel that controls whole server, other is just a web site. How can you compare both like this :slight_smile: They are totattly different things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.