After update 1.5.1 I can not get into the control panel

Good day Guys

after update 1.5.1 I have big difficulties getting into the admin panel.
Accessing the panel domain responds with an internal error
Port access :8083 is very, very slow
The status check systemctl status hestia responds “running”

● hestia.service - LSB: starts the hestia control panel
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/hestia; generated)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2021-12-04 20:49:25 MSK; 30s ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 9578 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/hestia start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Tasks: 6 (limit: 2278)
Memory: 42.1M
CGroup: /system.slice/hestia.service
├─9584 nginx: master process /usr/local/hestia/nginx/sbin/hestia-nginx
├─9585 nginx: worker process
├─9587 php-fpm: master process (/usr/local/hestia/php/etc/php-fpm.conf)
├─9588 php-fpm: pool www
├─9589 sh -c php -r “echo substr(phpversion(),0,3);”
└─9590 php -r echo substr(phpversion(),0,3);

Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: hestia.service: Found left-over process 9445 (sh) in control group while starting unit.>
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: This usually indicates unclean termination of a previous run, or service implementation>
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: hestia.service: Found left-over process 9446 (php) in control group while starting unit>
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: This usually indicates unclean termination of a previous run, or service implementation>
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: Starting LSB: starts the hestia control panel…
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru hestia[9578]: * Starting hestia-nginx hestia-nginx
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru hestia[9578]: …done.
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru hestia[9578]: * Starting hestia-php hestia-php
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru hestia[9578]: …done.
Dec 04 20:49:25 ***********.ru systemd[1]: Started LSB: starts the hestia control panel.

However, I cannot get into the panel.
Dear colleagues, I ask you to do the courtesy, give some advice.
How can I do the update again - roll update 1.5.1 again

another server reported that the update was installed successfully

Thank You

What happens when you restart the hestia service?

systemctl restart hestia

reboots successfully and status works
Detects previous sessions from login attempts and reports. Then he says that everything is working further
Or maybe this is the essence of my oversight At the time of the renewal, the FQDN domain was on renewal and “Not resolving”

This is the result of a status check in the first minutes of my anxiety.

Then I wrote down the IP address to the host and this error disappeared. And I thought Ok! Everything will work. But it didn’t work

Any news
You have entered the control panel.
This happened for 22 minutes:
Login - password - 22 minutes - login

Now the attempt to enter “Settings” is expected to be just as long.

I ask for help please

2021/12/04 20:45:27 [error] 1321#0: 21 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: session_destroy(): Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /usr/local/hestia/web/login/index.php on line 268” while reading response header from upstream, client: ..., server: _, request: “POST /login/ HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/hestia-php.sock:”, host: “*.ru:8083", referrer: "https://.ru:8083/login/”

The same thing happened to me, I did not find a solution and I had to reinstall hestiacp, the update damaged several servers

eris always poses the main question. What is the error? What is a LOG?
This will protect your peace of mind in the future.
Because the error may appear in some way.
And this case is important to notice and give it coverage.
You urgently need to check the settings.

I have a problem found that the domain for the panel - it is assigned at the time of installation - was blocked due to the coming renewal date.
In a completely natural way, the panel is
“Report” - sudo: unable to resolve host domain.ru: Temporary failure in name resolution

Now I know absolutely that there is a reason. The question is how to treat the consequence.
The expression of this is that the http service of the panel itself is working very slowly
All sites are in good order, the server responds quickly.
But the Web - the panel interface is terribly slow

1 Like

We call session_start in https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/blob/336decf49be70dc47721fbc1815e35d594aab92d/web/inc/main.php#L9 so it should be allready initlialized before the softwares go to /usr/local/hestia/web/login/index.php on line 268”

Unless the session has already been invalidated… In a other location…

You can try disabling POLICY_CSRF_STRICTNESS. and set it to 0

No need to write that further, provide more informations according to Cannot access the administration panel, this from 2.12.2021 when panel update automatically at version 1.5.1 - #4 by Raphael or just stop blaming hestia update without any proof. The thread before has also been proofed, that an used port was the issue - still waiting for the final information what service exactly caused the problem, but clearly an user error.

Guys My joy has no boundaries
Everything works!!!
Hooray!
Hestia is a smart script and I sit and think how to catch a crane in the sky when there is already a titmouse in my hands :slight_smile:

Everything was much easier!

Hestia asks resolve FQDN domain name

The process has a delay of infinity, so the panel does not enter.
No errors, no messages in the logs
It seemed all vague, but in fact everything is simple

Domain name resolving in a “hosts” file!!!

I`ve some question
Is it right
127.0.0.1 domain.ru

or

***.88.212.44 domain.ru

All two ways will be write and its fine!

1 Like

Hestia uses sudo and sudo needs to resolve properly…

Please tell me how to correctly record in the file “Hosts”
127.0.0.1 domain.ru
or
***.88.212.44 domain.ru

which of these options is correct
Or is it better to find out by testing …?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.