After Upgrade to 1.22 500 server error

Internal Server Error

Oops! Something went wrong.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Error Code: 500

2020/08/11 08:13:50 [error] 7435#7435: *49 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 87.168.63.39, server: idlegames.ddnss.de, request: “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “https://45.146.255.83:8443/favicon.ico”, host: “idlegames.ddnss.de”, referrer: “https://idlegames.ddnss.de/

What is wrong.

This problem exist on all my websites.

Do you used a modified template?

1 Like

No alll settings are default

looks like you are using nginx with apache2 as backend (which would be your upstream running on port 8443)

so this message:

means your apache2 is refusing connections from your nginx. you of course could first try to simply restart both services. maybe also check beforehand, how many connection are open or how many apache processes are running on your system. maybe something got stuck and you hit some limit.

another cause for that issue could be any security module or software that blocked your IP - are using some custom settings for rate-limiting, detecting bad bots, ip filter lists or additional fail2ban filter for apache etc.?

I have compleate reboot my system.

And all services too.

All others i will check it.

Nope i cant find the failure.

we probably can’t help you out here, as this needs more digging through your logfiles and pages you are running. I would start by monitoring the process list to see if something gets stuck and have you running into connection limits or the like.

you should be able to see a high amount of processes spawned or something like this. if you are unlucky a single borked page can block the whole server, however that is something that depends on your own setup and is not really related to Hestia.

maybe check the apache settings, don’t use keepalive and set short timeouts, to make sure you don’t have child processes waiting forever and blocking everything else.

1 Like