Can not fix phpmyadmin warning "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated."

Hello. I need to use old php 7.0, so I downgraded phpmyadmin to 4.9.10. Created db, user through Hestia, uploaded my db from Vesta, site works perfectly. But when I logging into Phpmyadmin with my db user, I got a message
“The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated.”

I tried to do all internet hints like recreate “pma” user, upload “phpmyadmin” table, or even this script [FIX] phpmyadmin some feature/controluser - Vesta Control Panel - Forum
But problem is stil there.

It look like my db user needs rights to access to “phpmyadmin” table to store it settings, right?
What should I do in this situation?

We only provide support for HestiaCP here, please switch over to the vesta forum for support (and yes, I’m aware that the forum there is mostly dead).

First install Hesita with php 8.0 add after you are done run:

v-add-web-php 7.4

And change the backend template in Edit web for the domain that needs to run php7.0 to the correct PHP version. This method you can keep using the last phpmyadmin including all the security updates 4.9.x is lacking.

No no, I’m on Hestia, may be explained badly.

Generally I did the same way: installed 8.0, later changed to 7.3 (because of one of cms modules) and after this went to 7.0 (because of other module encrypted with old ioncube). But I downgraded Phpmyadmin manually, just downloaded and put in a folder - I read Hestia not installing phpmyadmin because of old version on the reps.

It should be no issue to keep the “default” system php version at 8.0 and only change the php version for that site and user…

We make a lot of changes to phpmyadmin see:

How ever it is not tested with php 7.0

Ok, I returned 8.0 version and setted up as default for system. After this I redownloaded last 5.2 phpmyadmin and replaced my.

And - the same problem, " The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. [Find out why].
Or alternately go to ‘Operations’ tab of any database to set it up there."

Run the script:

And it should reset it self

Yep, thank you!
Is it okay to use both versions of php at the same time?

But now I have two different pma user (root too?) passwords:
(new one)
/etc/phpmyadmin/conf.d/01-localhost.php

(old one)
/usr/local/hestia/conf/mysql.conf
/usr/local/hestia/conf/.mysql.localhost
/root/.my.cnf

What should I do?

By default the password in /etc/phpmyadmin/conf.d/01-localhost.php should not be the root password but a “randomly” password for “pma” user

No pma password should be different to the root password.

It is a bad idea to give phpmyadmin root access to the database it self.

You should be still able to login with the root password.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.