Cannot access the administration panel, this from 2.12.2021 when panel update automatically at version 1.5.1

Hello, I cannot access the administration panel, this from 2.12.2021 when panel update automatically at version 1.5.1, before it was all ok,
it does not show me any error
root@svelta1b:~# v-list-sys-hestia-updates
PKG VER ARCH UPDT DATE

hestia 1.5.1 amd64 yes 2021-12-02
hestia-php 7.4.26 amd64 yes 2021-11-26
hestia-nginx 1.21.4 amd64 yes 2021-11-26
root@svelta1b:~# systemctl restart hestia
Job for hestia.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status hestia.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
root@svelta1b:~# service hestia restart
Job for hestia.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status hestia.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

entering the data, could it be because of the update to 1.5.1?
Upgrade: restart the server now it is impossible and http://IPvps shows me error 500.

Is there any thing is /var/log/hestia/nginx-erorr.log?

As they were able to send an update that broke the whole system, the same thing happened to me that I had to reinstall hestiacp and now it has the problem that it does not install WordPress.

Honestly, we shipped more than 12’000 updates for hestia 1.5.1, it did not contain any major changes as you can see on github. I also followed your thread and have to say, that there was not provided much informations. A proper debug usualy depends on check the related service, validate the related logs, check if the port(s) are in use and further more steps. Also if you got an error message in wordpress, check the related weblog in /home/user/web/domain.tld/log as you have been advised from @eris.

Just reinstall a server, which you hopefully also did with a fresh os install and not just run the installer again with --force/-f param, will mostly not resolve your issue or even expand your knowledge, how to debug such a situation (which we expect our community to be able to do so, at least in a basic maner).

In your case @1webdomain, please run the suggested command to get more informations, why hestia fails to start, this is usualy one step infront of the solution:

me too on 10 vps all installed on debian 11 and residing in different datacenters in different countries even, which were fully functional as of 30.11.2021. now from 2.12.2021 there is an error: Internal Server Error, Oops! Something went wrong.,
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
in one of these i reinstalled hestiacp version 1.5.1 and now it has the problem that it does not install WordPress. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to install the previous version 1.4.17 and block update? Thanks

@1webdomain Did you read my post, in special that part where you’re tagged?

yes but no solution found, i will know it is possible to install the previous version 1.4.17 and block update? Thanks

There is a clear error output, please share it. Downgrade is not supported, also not suggested due to multiple fixed security issues since 1.4.17.

I suggest not to downgrade… 1.4.x contains multiple security issues where logged in users (standard user not admin user) can gain root access without permission and hack the server.

Please provide us with more information. It went fine with over 12k server installs in the last few days and no major changes have been made to the service or even any thing related to the php code…

but version 1.5.1 does not install wordpress automatically and also manually are there problems , others person have same problems like me

So is your hestia service now back up and running? Without clear informations, we cant provide any support. The current state we know is, that you hestia service doesnt start. Now it is that wordpress installation isnt working, probaly refered to the one click installer?

What php template are you using for Wordpress…

PHP8.1 is not supported…

php 7.4.x

but at the moment priority is how to login in vps then on novembre run fine and from 2.12.2021 does not login to panel

So, whats the output of systemctl status hestia then?

this is output of :slight_smile: journalctl -xe
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome hestia[4016333]: nginx: [emerg] still could not bind>
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Control process exited, >
░░ Subject: Unit process exited
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: Debian -- Support
░░
░░ An ExecStart= process belonging to unit hestia.service has exited.
░░
░░ The process’ exit code is ‘exited’ and its exit status is 1.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Failed with result ‘exit>
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░
░░ The unit hestia.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Unit process 3124167 (he>
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Unit process 3124170 (he>
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: starts the hestia c>
░░ Subject: A start job for unit hestia.service has failed
░░
░░ A start job for unit hestia.service has finished with a failure.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 95740 and the job result is failed.
lines 1265-1289/1289 (END)
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome hestia[4016333]: nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
░░ Subject: Unit process exited
░░
░░ An ExecStart= process belonging to unit hestia.service has exited.
░░
░░ The process’ exit code is ‘exited’ and its exit status is 1.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░
░░ The unit hestia.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Unit process 3124167 (hestia-nginx) remains running after unit stopped.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: hestia.service: Unit process 3124170 (hestia-nginx) remains running after unit stopped.
Dec 04 08:10:10 my.vps.nome systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: starts the hestia control panel.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit hestia.service has failed
░░
░░ A start job for unit hestia.service has finished with a failure.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 95740 and the job result is failed.

looks like a port is already in use, whats the content of /usr/local/hestia/nginx/nginx.conf? Do you use a custom port?

yes i changed from 8083 to other number at first installation and never change it

To which port? Vaildate if the port is already in use, or set it back to 8083 for testing only.

do you mean
:nano /usr/local/hestia/nginx/conf/nginx.conf
and change
listen 8083 ssl;
and save it ?