Can't access admin panel

Hi.

I have a server with Hestia installed for more than a year now, working without any problem… until today.

I have gone to enter the administrator panel with https://mydomain.com:8090 and I find an error in the browser: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

If I try to enter through the normal port https://mydomain.com the placeholder comes out correctly, and the rest of the webs work fine.

I have entered the server by ssh and from what I have read in the forum I have tried to update the certificate with:

v-update-host-certificate admin mydomain.com

But I get this error: Error:

ERROR: Restart of hestia failed.

Then I have tried to restart the hestia service and it gives me an error:

Job for hestia.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status hestia.service” and “journalctl -xeu hestia.service” for details.

Running systemctl status hestia I get an error with this message:

Feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com systemd[1]: Starting hestia.service - LSB: starts the hestia control panel…
feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com hestia[23014]: Starting hestia-nginx: hestia-nginx
feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com hestia[23017]: nginx: [emerg] getpwnam(“hestiaweb”) failed in /usr/local/hestia/nginx/co>
feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com systemd[1]: hestia.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com systemd[1]: hestia.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
feb 04 23:09:17 mydomain.com systemd[1]: Failed to start hestia.service - LSB: starts the hestia control panel.

What can I look at?

Hi, how about

systemctl status nginx

Active.

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2025-02-04 22:45:07 WET; 58min ago

I restarted the server an hour ago.

a status php put your own version?

systemctl status php8.2-fpm.service

Seems correct.

root@s ~ # systemctl status php8.2-fpm.service
● php8.2-fpm.service - The PHP 8.2 FastCGI Process Manager
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php8.2-fpm.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2025-02-04 22:45:07 WET; 1h 46min ago
Docs: man:php-fpm8.2(8)
Process: 1107 ExecStartPost=/usr/lib/php/php-fpm-socket-helper install /run/php/php-fpm.sock /etc/php/8.2/fpm/pool.>
Main PID: 893 (php-fpm8.2)
Status: “Processes active: 0, idle: 1, Requests: 100, slow: 0, Traffic: 0req/sec”
Tasks: 1 (limit: 9249)
Memory: 179.8M
CPU: 18.958s
CGroup: /system.slice/php8.2-fpm.service
└─893 “php-fpm: master process (/etc/php/8.2/fpm/php-fpm.conf)”

Reading the forum I’ve tried to update hestia, but:

root@s ~ # v-update-sys-hestia-all
Error: hestia update failed
Error: hestia-nginx update failed
Error: hestia-php update failed

Some idea?

systemctl status hestia?

I’ve tried to update Debian with:

apt update && apt upgrade

And, to my surprise, the system updated more than 200 packets and Hestia from 1.8.12 to 1.9.1

[ * ] Health check complete. Starting upgrade from 1.8.12 to 1.9.1…

Now all works well, but I understand that what has failed is the automatic update.

basicly hestia auto update just triggers apt update for the related packages. So not sure what exactly failed, but as it works now, probaly not worth to do a deep check.

I will check when the next versions notice arrives to make sure that the system actually does the update.

I have checked in the control panel and automatic updates are enabled.

Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem, and I can confirm that:
apt update && apt upgrade
It solves the problem and updates a lot of things in Debian, including Hestia itself.

We just released a new release that patches a few bugs…

After update to 1.9.2 i can’t login to control panel. any help? when i try to login and i introduce the user and pass, it go back to login index

LOG UPDATE IS:


=============================================================================
Hestia Control Panel Software Update Log
=============================================================================

OPERATING SYSTEM:      Ubuntu (22.04)
CURRENT VERSION:       1.9.1
NEW VERSION:           1.9.2
RELEASE BRANCH:        release
BUILD TYPE:            Production release

INSTALLER OPTIONS:
=============================================================================
Send email notification on upgrade complete:      true
Send installed log output to admin email:         false

=============================================================================
[ * ] Backing up existing templates and configuration files...
=============================================================================
[ ! ] Performing system health check before proceeding with installation...
[ * ] Health check complete. Starting upgrade from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2...
=============================================================================

[ - ] Now applying patches and updates for version v1.9.2...
[ ! ] Updating default web domain templates...
[ ! ] Updating default mail domain templates...
[ ! ] Updating default DNS zone templates...
[ * ] File Manager is up to date (7.12.0)...
[ * ] Roundcube is up to date (1.6.9)...
[ ! ] Update Hestia PHP dependencies...
[ * ] Updating Cloudflare IP Ranges for NGINX...
[ * ] phpMyAdmin is up to date (5.2.2)...
[ * ] Upgrading phppgadmin to version 7.14.6...
=============================================================================
Installation tasks complete, performing clean-up...
=============================================================================
[ * ] Rebuilding user accounts and domains, this may take a few minutes...
      - admin...
      - lionnermedia...
      - lionner...
[ * ] Restarting services...

=============================================================================
UPGRADE COMPLETE.
Please report any issues on GitHub:
https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/issues
=============================================================================

try Auto update fails to load the panel-URGENT - #8 by Raphael

same problem. i think to reinstall the panel… but i will lose everything

Yesterday, the system upgraded to 1.9.2 automatically.