Chamilo (elearning plattform)

Has anyone tried to install Chamilo on HestiaCP?
Is there a module or script that allows it to be installed without problems?

Thanks

No please follow the they provide it should not be special. You might need an custom template if you use Nginx.

Until now I used Apache2, but the new configuration with HestiaCP is apache2 as web server and nginx as proxy.
In principle the access works and you can log in, but before I used .htaccess to configure the access levels that now I can no longer use because it does not recognize it.

Thank

I have managed to work by loading the .htaccess files into the root and in the courses folder (/site.xxx/app/courses/). They are two different .htaccess (using apache2).

The first .htaccess (from the root) with the following content

# Check that your Apache virtualhost have this settings:

#<Directory "/var/www/chamilo-classic">
#  AllowOverride All
#  Order allow,deny
#  Allow from all
#</Directory>

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id=(.*)$

# http://my.chamilo.net/certificates/?id=123 to http://my.chamilo.net/certificates/index.php?id=123
RewriteRule ^certificates/$ certificates/index.php?id=%1 [L]

# http://my.chamilo.net/jdoe to http://my.chamilo.net/user.php?jdoe
RewriteRule ^([^/.]+)/?$ user.php?$1 [L]

# Course redirection
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/?$ main/course_home/course_home.php?cDir=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/index.php$ main/course_home/course_home.php?cDir=$1 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite everything in the scorm folder of a course to the download script
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/scorm/(.*)$ main/document/download_scorm.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite everything in the document folder of a course to the download script
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/document/(.*)$ main/document/download.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite everything in the work folder
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/work/(.*)$ main/work/download.php?file=work/$2&cDir=$1 [QSA,L]

# Course upload files
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/upload/(.*)$ app/courses/$1/upload/$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/(.*)$ app/courses/$1/$2 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/course-pic85x85.png$ app/courses/$1/course-pic85x85.png [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^courses/([^/]+)/course-pic.png$ app/courses/$1/course-pic.png [QSA,L]

# About session
RewriteRule ^session/(\d{1,})/about/?$ main/session/about.php?session_id=$1 [L]

# Issued badges friendly URL
RewriteRule ^badge/(\d{1,})/user/(\d{1,}) main/badge/issued.php?skill=$1&user=$2 [L]

The second .htaccess (folder courses) with the following content

Options -Indexes

Sorry for my English is the Google Translator. With these two files we can avoid error 404 by not being able to access the link of the courses.
Thank you very much to the community for this fantastic tool. Thanks

This information is not mine, but I think it is interesting that it is collected in the same post for follow-up, the URL from where I got it is AginK

$ sudo vi /etc/nginx/conf.d/chamilo.<yourDomain>

upstream chamilo.<yourDomain> {
  server 127.0.0.1:9101; 
}

server {
  if ($host = chamilo.<yourDomain>) { return 301 https://$host$request_uri; }

listen 80;
  server_name chamilo.<yourDomain>;
  return 404; 
}

server {
  charset utf-8;

listen 443 ssl http2;
  server_name chamilo.<yourDomain>;

client_max_body_size 128M;

access_log /var/log/nginx/chamilo.<yourDomain>-access.log;
  error_log /var/log/nginx/chamilo.<yourDomain>-error.log;
  location = /favicon.ico { log_not_found off; access_log off; }
  location = /robots.txt { log_not_found off; access_log off; }

root /home/<yourDomain>/chamilo.<yourDomain>;
  index index.php;

location @rewrite{
    rewrite ^certificates/$ certificates/index.php last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/$ /main/course_home/course_home.php?cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/index.php$ /main/course_home/course_home.php?cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/scorm/(.*([\.js|\.css|\.png|\.jpg|\.jpeg|\.gif]))$ app/courses/$1/scorm/$2 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/scorm/(.*)$ /main/document/download_scorm.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 last;
    # Alternatively, you can choose to give direct access to all SCORM files, which is much faster but less secure
    # rewrite "^/courses/([^/]+)/scorm/(.*)$" /app/courses/$1/scorm/$2 break;

rewrite "^/courses/([^/]+)/document/certificates/(.*)$" /app/courses/$1/document/certificates/$2 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/document/(.*)$ /main/document/download.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/upload/([^/]+)/(.*)$ /main/document/download_uploaded_files.php?code=$1&type=$2&file=$3 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/work/(.*)$ /main/work/download.php?file=work/$2&cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/upload/course_home_icons/(.*([\.png|\.jpg|\.jpeg|\.gif]))$ app/courses/$1/upload/course_home_icons/$2 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/(.*)$ /app/courses/$1/$2 last;
    rewrite ^/session/([^/]+)/about/?$ /main/session/about.php?session_id=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/course/([^/]+)/about/?$ /main/course_info/about.php?course_id=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/badge/(\d+) /main/badge/issued.php?issue=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/skill/(\d+)/user/(\d+)$ /main/badge/issued_all.php?skill=$1&user=$2 last;
    rewrite ^/badge/(\d+)/user/(\d+)$ /main/badge/issued_all.php?skill=$1&user=$2 last;
    rewrite ^/main/exercice/(.*)$ /main/exercise/$1 last;
    rewrite ^/main/newscorm/(.*)$ /main/lp/$1 last;
    rewrite ^/service/(\d+)$ /plugin/buycourses/src/service_information.php?service_id=$1 last;
    rewrite "^/main/upload/users/(.*)/(.*)/my_files/(.*)$" /app/upload/users/$1/$2/my_files/$3 last;

try_files $uri /index.php$is_args$args;
    break;
  }

location / {
    try_files $uri @rewrite;
  }

location /main {
    rewrite ^/main/admin/?$ /main/admin/index.php last;
  }

location ~ \.php$ {
    client_max_body_size 128M;
    try_files $uri @rewrite;

fastcgi_pass chamilo.<yourDomain>;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$;
    include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    fastcgi_param HTTPS off;
  }

# Serve static files directly
  location ~* \.(png|jpe?g|gif|ico|js|css|mp3|swf|flv|mp4|ogg|woff|woff2)$ {
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/course-pic85x85.png$ /app/courses/$1/course-pic85x85.png last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/course-pic.png$ /app/courses/$1/course-pic.png last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/scorm/(.*)$ /main/document/download_scorm.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 last; 
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/document/(.*)$ /main/document/download.php?doc_url=/$2&cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/work/(.*)$ /main/work/download.php?file=work/$2&cDir=$1 last;
    rewrite ^/courses/([^/]+)/upload/(.*)$ /app/courses/$1/upload/$2 last;
    # For all these media resources not treated by previous rewrites, give direct access (no permission check)
    rewrite ^/courses/(.*)$ /app/courses/$1 break;
    expires 30d;
    access_log off;
    try_files $uri @rewrite;
  }

location ~ ~\.(ht|git){
    deny all;
  }

location ^~ /tests/ {
    deny all;
  }

#listen 443 ssl; # managed by Certbot
  ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/chamilo.<yourDomain>/fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
  ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/chamilo.<yourDomain>/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
  include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf; # managed by Certbot
  ssl_dhparam /etc/letsencrypt/ssl-dhparams.pem; # managed by Certbot
}

$ sudo nginx -t
$ sudo systemctl restart nginx

Thanks

1 Like

I never used it in the past / currently so I really can’t help … If it is working great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.