Change Default text in server: "Success! Your new web server is ready to use."

Hello,
When one domain have the correct DNS I view a default html page that said:

Success!
Your new web server is ready to use.

It possible to change this default text for other?
No speak about implement one by one per domain with a personal html template.

Many thanks!

Check /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/skel/, but will be overwritten on a hestia upgrade.

PS: It sounds like you’ve got the default Success page there, when you connect directly to the ip or have a domain which isnt added to hestia.

Thanks for quickly response.

I review via ftp in /.local for admin user but not have any archive.

Yes! i know that this default Success page said thath the connect with DNS is Ok but the domain isnt added to hestia. My problem is that have a lot of alias per domain and the “subdomian for alias” go to success default page.

My english level is very poor sorry, I explain you with one example:

Default domain in Hestia: superdomain.com (have child-ns) and small HTML template.
Alias added in superdomain.com: alias1.com, alias2.com, alias3.com …

Whit this configuration the alias working well and view the default domain HTML template when any go to “alias1.com”, “alias2.com” … all ok.
The problem is if any go directly to www. subdomain for alias (www.alias1.com) This is go directly to default success page not to my default domain HTML template. To avoid this I need to added in alias two lines per domain: “alias1.com” and “www.alias1.com” and have me more problems when add more than 100 alias… :pensive:

I understand that, but add the www alias would be the right way to solve it. You can also automate the process using the api.

mmm… more info about this?
It´s possible to view a link to view more info about API. I am very amateur with this, sorry.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello!

I review this directory
ls /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/skel/

Go to public_html and have index.html. View with nano:

> sudo nano /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/skel/public_html/index.html
Not have the OP text: "Success! Your new server is ready to use

I view other template with text:

We’re working on it!
This site is currently under construction.
Please check back soon.

Maybe stay in other directory?

I review some others directory and find the correct html.
/usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html

You tell me about will be overwritten on a hestia upgrade.
Have a possibility to avoid or block this “index.html” when have some upgrade?

Hi, not sure I fully understood, maybe you want edit the pages under documents_error folder in the webroot of your user?

No, any for this.

When you configure DNS in onedomain to admin via Hestacp for default, if the DNS are correct you view in domainvia web browser this text:

Success!
Your new web server is ready to use.

I need to change this text.
Is a Hestacp “welcome” default template and the directory for this index.html is:
/usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html

To change this hestacp default template I have tried replace for other “index.html” I have in other directoy, with this code:

sudo cp -i /home/admin/web/mydomain.com/public_html/index.html /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html

I check and in unassigned directory the “index.html” is correctly changed and if I enter it I can see the changes but in the web browser I don’t see the changes. :pensive:

currently not, no.

You could write a bash script to fire off once a day using cron eg.

#!/bin/bash
cat << EOF >  /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html
<html>
blah blah
</html>
EOF

So as long as you didn’t create a new website in between Hestia updating, and your cron script running, then you’d be OK, and your template would be used.

ooohh yes. This is a good idea. Thanks.
The problem I see now is that the text I have made change in the template html: /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html cannot see it in the web browser and it continues to be seen the text: Success! Your new web server is ready to use.

I edit the template with nano:
sudo nano -c /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html

Ok. thanks ScIT !

About the problem I have with (changing the text in the template but not seeing my text in the web browser)

What could be the problem?
Cache?
There would be another template with the same text to change?
It’s been a good few hours since I made the change

Thanks.

That’s just the template. It will only be copied over to the actual web directory /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/index.html when you create a new website, as far as I understand it. So maybe if you delete and recreate it? Or just copy it manually this time.

I replace for other index.html I have in other folder with this command:
sudo cp -i /home/admin/web/mydomain.com/public_html/index.html /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/index.html

Then if I check the Hestia unassigned template file with nano editor I see the correct change but the default text of the template still appears in the browser and not view my new text.

there would be a better way to change it ?
I’m very amateur with code.

THanks!

Try /var/www/html

1 Like

Many Thanks Eris!
Now YES! This is the correct directory. Change the index.html and work perfect!

Maybe the index.html in /var/www/index.html is for subdomains and the other index archive in /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/unassigned/ is for default domains.

I also had the same issue, this is how I solved it:

• Deleted the index.html & robots.txt in /var/www/html. (I really don’t think it helped)
  • Went back to hestia’s web domain settings and unchecked the Enable SSL for this domain. My domain was purchased from namecheap and pointed it to CloudFlare’s free DNS package that comes with its own SSL.
    I learned it shows the success page to addresses not in the aliases and the IP address too by default.