Change DMARC in mail domains tab

Hello!

I want to change the _dmarc from

v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=100

to

v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; ruf=mailto:[email protected];

in the Mail tab - DNS. There is no button to save the changes. When I set new values and refresh the page it restores these values to the default. How to save the changes? Thank you.

If you use HestiaCP for DNS you can find the save button in the top right corner.

1 Like

Mail Tab → DNS are only for info. If you use Hestia DNS use the DNS tab. If not modify your DNS provider

I have successfully changed _dmarc in the DNS tab but Mail Tab → DNS still displays the old info: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; pct=100. Why? Thank you.

But this does not change the Mail Tab → DNS info. Any ideas? Thank you.

Where Mail Tab → DNS file is located to change this info? Thank you.

It is “hard coded” in the code for user to see if the want to add mail to the system but don’t host DNS on the same server.

It is also not used by the system…

Where exactly it is hardcoded? What file name? Thank you.

In a template file. Updating to the next version will loose all the changes so changing has no sense…

Ok. I would like to change it anyway. Thank you.

So, I should change this file: hestiacp/default.tpl at 7b6e4b7541a469d48bc7dc4b1867e40ed7288a3e · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub? Thanks.

I you want to change it or new domains you need to create a new template. default.tpl is over written for with the updates…

For that specific file:

But as told their is no sense updating it. It is used because we got a lot of questions what the default mail domain records where if users wanted to host email with an external dns provider…

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.