Changed PHP version, Internal server error

Trying to see why none of the nginx Drupal templates work, I was in the server config and for no apparent reason clicked on Php 7.4( having 7.3 as default) then save, and after that I only got continuos loading and 500, internal server error on the admin panel.

I’m that type of user “set it up and don’t break if it works”, and I don’t really know what to look out for. Thank you for any help.

Also --multiphp makes error for PHP 5.6 while installing on Ubuntu 20.04 (fresh install).

@Amadex lease open a issue report on github, not related to the current thread…

@Ckubs please start sharing with your os, versions akd used installation string. Then check the related webserver logs in /home/user/web/domain.tld/log/ to see, what exactly throws out the internal server error.

After I clicked on php 7.4 and saved I got the Internal Server Error on Hestia panel only. It keeps loading, and loading and then, the error appears. On domain logs I see nothing related to this. And whats on it( an WP install) is working normally.

I have Ubuntu 18.04.4 on my server.

try to run v-add-web-php 7.4 on command line and check the output.

What I get is this:
Installation failed, please run the following command manualy for debuging:
apt-get install php7.4-mbstring php7.4-bcmath php7.4-cli php7.4-curl
php7.4-fpm php7.4-gd php7.4-intl php7.4-mysql
php7.4-soap php7.4-xml php7.4-zip php7.4-mbstring
php7.4-json php7.4-bz2 php7.4-pspell php7.4-imagick
php7.4-imap php7.4-ldap

Afterwards, trying apt-get-install whit any of those modules
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

Seems something is stuck, probaly a ps -ax | grep apt could get you the process which needs to be killed.

Found this

5675 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto apt
12912 ?        S      1:24 apt-get -y -qq -o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold install php7.4-mbstring php7.4-bcmath php7.4-cli php7.4-curl php7.4-fpm php7.4-gd php7.4-intl php7.4-mysql php7.4-soap php7.4-xml php7.4-zip php7.4-mbstring php7.4-json php7.4-bz2 php7.4-pspell php7.4-imagick php7.4-imap php7.4-ldap

And what when you kill it and run apt-get install -f? Step by step debug is a bit hard :slight_smile:.

Thank you so much! That did it.