Configuring roundcube-core on full-upgrade

Upgrading my Hestia VPS from Debian 9 to 10, a screen appears asking me about the name of the RoundCube database, the RoundCube username and password and a username and password for the account with RoundCube administrative privileges.

I think I have made all the possible combinations without result. What data should I use? Should I skip this setting?

My Hestia version is 1.3.2 and is hosted in Hetzner.

Thanks.

Use your root / mysql root password. You can find it in /usr/local/hestia/conf/mysql.conf

How ever in 1.4.0 release we add an script that will remove RoundCube from atp and use the upstream and it will allow it to go up to 1.4.10

3 Likes

Thanks. That worked and I finished the update, but the following message appeared:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘roundcube’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES).
unable to connect to mysql server.

Apparently RoundCube is working fine. Where can you change roundcube@localhost to root@localhost? Should I not worry about it?

/etc/roundcube/confug.db.php I think

But only during the upgrade the root password is needed…

Its complicated! Here’s what I think happens.
/etc/roundcube/config.inc.php is loaded first.
That loads debian-db-roundcube.php with this line
include_once("/etc/roundcube/debian-db-roundcube.php");
In there, you’ll see the string.
$rcmail_config[‘db_dsnw’] = ‘mysql://roundcube:p422w0r5@localhost/roundcube’;

I think this is the one you edit.

If not, there’s a further config file called debian-db.php which is automatically generated from /etc/dbconfig-common/roundcube.conf. You could try editing that one, but it doesn’t seem to be used on Ubuntu at least.

Ultimately, as long as roundcube finds a valid value for db_dsnw, then it will work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.