Confusion about "Send welcome email" checkbox

Hello guys!

Can anyone explain me 1 thing: when you Add new user, there is checkbox “Send welcome email” (please, see attached screenshot). I would like to know what is that for? Because I tried creating user with checked and unchecked checkbox, but seems like there is no difference - nothing happened. So, what shall I expect by checking that mark? Because, for example, if I provide email address for “Email login credentials to:” input, then I receive kind of “welcome” email to provided email address from [email protected]. But, nothing happened when I check/uncheck “Send welcome email” checkbox.

Click to see screenshot

Thanks in advance

I don’t use that feature and I haven’t tested if it works or not BUT maybe your server has trouble delivering emails.

Did you check the exim logs?

Probaly a js issue, it should copy the email to the form when selected. Maybe related: [BUG]Email Creds no longer works · Issue #2048 · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub

@Raphael is correct will submit a pull request for it with the fix

2 Likes

@Vadym Are you running your hestia Instance in an LXC Container on Proxmox?

Control Panel is installed on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.8.0-1038-gcp x86_64)

hostnamectl status
   Static hostname: vps01.host.com
         Icon name: computer-vm
           Chassis: vm
        Machine ID: xxxxxxxxxx
           Boot ID: xxxxxxxxxx
    Virtualization: kvm
  Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
            Kernel: Linux 5.8.0-1038-gcp
      Architecture: x86-64

There is no issue with delivering emails, as I’m using Exim smarhosts and send emails through MailJet. And there is nothing I can see in Exim logs except the situation when I provide email address for “Email login credentials to:” input field (at the bottom of “User add” form, but it is missing on screenshot, it supposed to be below Role and Backend etc.)
So if I provide with email address for “Email login credentials to:” I can see in Exim logs that mail was sent to provided address. But checkbox doesn’t make any changes.
Actually, I just wanted to know what is the purpose of that checkbox?

The source of the issue is clear, we’re working on a fix.

Yes I understand, and thanks for paying attention.
Just still I wanna know what is the usage of that checkbox? Do you mean it’s just to copy value from one input toanother: from “Email” to “Email login credentials to:”?

yes, the checkbox just has a jquery which copies the field content of email down to “email login credentials to”.

1 Like

I have fixed the issue but there seems to be 2 “different” but simallar looking issues and both got linked together in Github….

The issue has been fixed in my local test branch

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.