Creating the inode usage quota for the packages

Hi everybody, first of all, many thanks to the developers and contributors of the HestiaCP.

I installed the panel to the DigitalOcean droplet with the Debian11 and attached the volume block storage for creating several users with a certain number of sites on WordPress. Very quickly I came to understand that although there was still free space on the disk, I was running out of available inodes.

So in the end, I faced the following problem:
uneven use of the inode resource by users. So on, I`m curious, is there any opportunity to create an inode usage quota for the packages in Hestia?

Perhaps someone has already encountered a similar problem and solved it, or someone knows the existing standard method for solving this problem? I will be grateful for any hint or help from the community members

Hestia doesn’t currently take it in account … And there is currently no support it…

maybe there are some ideas, on how could it be implemented, or at least in which direction to dig?

For example ChatGPT gave me next advice:

"To add inode limits for packages in HestiaCP, you need to follow these steps:

1. Log in to the server as root.
  2. Open the HestiaCP configuration file “/usr/local/hestia/conf/hestia.conf” in a text editor.
  3. Add the following line of code to the file:default_quota_inode='100000’Replace the value ‘100000’ with the desired number of inodes for packages. This value will be used by default for all new packages.
  4. Save the changes to the configuration file.
  5. Restart HestiaCP using the following command:systemctl restart hestia

After this, all new packages created in HestiaCP will have inode limits set in the configuration file. To change this limit for a specific package, open the package settings in HestiaCP and modify the “Inode Quota” value."

@eris what do you think, is there any reasonable grain in these actions?

It doesn’t exists in Hestia so I wonder why ChatGPT the information form. So far I know we don’t have any possibility to implement it.

Best thing is to create a feature request at GitHub - hestiacp/hestiacp: Hestia Control Panel | A lightweight and powerful control panel for the modern web.

thank you for the response

ChatGPT is not a knowledge base by any means. It is more akin to auto-correct than a reference book or even search engine. Please do not use it for serious advise.

Sure it’s impressive looking but underneath its surface it isn’t that smart. It is still based off the same model as the primitive GPT and invents details to match the training. The information it spits out only looks accurate because it’s trained to emulate our writing patterns. It saw your keywords, broke it into mathematics, and repurposed step by step instructions to fit them based on the language model. Impressive trick but not very useful in administering your server.

5 Likes

You know, in fact, I was aware that it was something like that. But since my knowledge in the field of server configuration is in its infancy, it seemed to me that this is a rather trivial task. Therefore, I decided that ChatGPT could help me with its solution. But, unfortunately, there are no miracles

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.