Cron job error in domain.sh: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''

Hi All,

Being getting the following errors for the last few days from the overnight cron jobs:

/usr/local/hestia/func/domain.sh: eval: line 505: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/usr/local/hestia/func/domain.sh: eval: line 506: syntax error: unexpected end of file

These errors often occur multiple times and occasionally finish off with an error saying:

Error: Let's Encrypt validation status 400 (domain.com). Details: Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

It’s Ubunutu 18.0.4 and Hestia 1.5.15. The SSL cert for the domain in question is currently still working, but I suspect these cron errors mean it’s not going to auto-renew.

Should I try turning off the SSL on that domain, then recreate it? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers,

Pete

Line in question hestiacp/domain.sh at 0179f73c135b9b82aef6d430d4b175c3b0c060b0 · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub

Cheers eris.

Ok, so is it reading the file at $HOMEDIR/$user/conf/dns/$domain.db, creating a for/next loop for each line and then error’ing because something in the domain.db is corrupt? So it’s probably my DNS config for that domain… right, I’ll go and investigate that.

Cheers,

Pete

It is used to convert “DNS” domain from config to a valid zone file

The “DNS” config is stored in /usr/local/hestia/data/users/{user}/dns/{domain.conf}

Does it happen if you run v-rebuild-dns-domain in command line?

I don’t have any issues with a domain on my test server. When I try to rebuild a dns domain

Hi eris,

I suspect this is an error I’ve created while trying to improve my SPF/DMARC settings in the DNS a week or so ago, but has only come to light now when the Lets Encrypt certificate came up for renewal.

I compared the DNS settings for the domain that was throwing an error with one of the domains that was ok, and I’d not surrounded the text strings in quotes. Added those in and ran v-update-sys-queue letsencrypt in terminal and no errors… so maybe that’s fixed it.

I’ll see if I get any cron errors tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pete

1.6.0 will improve the handling of DMRAC and SPF records. If they are larger then 255 chars