Cron job is empty but crontab is showing 44 cronjobs

How can I fix the error? I read a similar thread but didn’t see a complete solution. Thanks in advance for your reply

cat /usr/local/hestia/data/users/{user}/cron.conf

And share the contents

I added 10 cron jobs, total 54 cron jobs. I wonder where the 44 cron jobs came from

added using crontab -e of that user or over hestia backend?

the first 5 are added via the hestia api

https://hostname:8083/api/ 

the rest are added in this way

hmm, should show up, we’ll have a look.

Thanks, I’ll try to find a solution too. Please share with me if you find a solution.

the number is sourced from /usr/local/hestia/data/users/<youruser>/user.conf

most likely you added crons via GUI/API but removed them via crontab -e or the likes, so the number wasn’t updated properly.

you can manually edit that config file to the correct number.

The counter it self maybe broken user.conf contains the count it self.

On the end of the page the 10 “cron jobs” are counted based on the number of records found in the user.conf

Removing via crontab -e will not work as it also stored in cron.conf and synced over.

Restoring a backup might cause the issues…

hmm, so if I remove the crontab entry manually via editor or crontab -e and it gets synced/re-added from cron.conf - assuming it’s plain checking if the entry is there and then running v-add… does this eventually also increase the counter each time then? :wink:

What are these cron jobs counting on?

10 cron jobs here Number of cron jobs in /usr/local/hestia/data/users/{user}/cron.conf
I wonder where the 44 invisible cron jobs are :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

please read my first answer again. mind the filename I gave :wink:

sorry, I didn’t pay attention to the end of the path, I read it as cron.conf :man_facepalming: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.