Crontab doesn't work

Fresh install

• Hestia Control Panel v1.7.7
  • Operating SystemDebian 11.7 (x86_64)

Default crontab on the admin user doesn’t work and I don’t receive any notification emails.
I check exim4 log and I can’t see any mail started to notify the cron job ends.
I check crontab log, I see the cron job that start the command and nothing else.

Please, help me… can I check additional logs to understand the problem?
if I lunch manually the command, for example, v-backup-users, it works fine.

Thanks
Stefano

Is is perfectly ok not to receive any notification when the cronjob doesn’t produce any output.

2 Likes

Any of this cron job don’t produce any output? HestiaCP doesn’t send any notification mail to notify success of backup or something else?

Anyway, the backup job (sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-backup-users) doesn’t make any backup, but if I run manually the command, it works…

usualy not, no - expect there is a issue. Also not for v-backup-user

In my opinion, it would be very nice to have a basic notification by email, which you can activate or deactivate… in my case the v-backup-user job does not start, or rather, I can see it in the crontab log but the backup is not executed. How do I know what the error is?

probaly syslog, v-backup-user will inform over mail if it fails.

inside syslog file I see cronjob log but it contains only the command executed and I don’t understand if the command ends correctly or not…
Command executed, any notification email, any backup created…

Check /var/log/hestia/backup.log

Check /var/log/hestia/backup.log

Ok now I understand the issue…

ftp: connect: No route to host
Error: can't login to ftp ftp://backup-vps@****.com
2023-06-09 05:10:05 *** Remote backup failed ***

But I didn’t receive any error mail…why?

In the next releases can you create a page in hestiaCP that contains all main logs?

Thanks

For the emails not being send:

Run this ones and it will use a smtp relay

I don’t want use an stmp relay actually.
Other system email like welcome mail works fine…