Database connection error since v-restore-user / phpMyadmin error

I just migrated several wordpress sites from one hestia install to a new server server also running hestia backup-user and restore-user. No issues with any except one site that is now giving me “Error establishing a database connection”.

I tried changing the database info to new name and pass and still the same error. Tried making a new copy of the database and still same error.

Finally I tried the testconnection.php method to see if it can even connect to the DB and it can’t. Error log say:
2021/02/22 05:51:53 [error] 5689#5689: *2743 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ’ dbusername’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in /home/example/web/example.org/public_html/testconnection.php on line 2PHP message: PHP Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 0 given in /home/example/web/example.org/public_html/testconnection.php on line 4” while reading response header from upstream, client: 96.59.75.160, server: example.org, request: “GET /testconnection.php HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-lampefoundation.org.sock:”, host: “example.org

(website name removed for security)

Also not sure if it related but in Phpmyadmin , when i click on the priviledges tab for any of the databases, I get an error message:
#1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '<>'

Thanks!

Never got it to work. There was always a permission issue even after multiple restores. Ended up just readding the user and website data manually.

Still have the phpmyadmin issue.