Debian losing additional ips after reboot

Some debian 10 installs, after reboot loses the additional ips added in hestiacp
the network not up
I need remove all IPs in hestiacp and re-add and so works again.
the network/interfaces file seems ok … the same

are there another tip for fix it without do this process ?

thanks in advance.

When you ask for help… pls always tell steps and actions performed from your side.
Pls share the steps how you are adding the IPs in first place.

So… I used hestiacp and vestacp in a lot of servers … more than 3000 …
some servers somentimes, after a reboot… dont UP the extra (additional) IPs
Normally, I add by panel
IP
MASK
select the network interface
save

so the network works … fine …

but, after reboot … stop works with message “cant bind() addressX”
So … I go to panel, remove IPs and re-add … and back to works

debian 10 buster

OK may be try adding from the CLI
v-add-sys-ip

and then confirm
v-list-sys-ips

then reboot and check again with v-list-sys-ips

if this doesn’t work then your best bet is adding manually into your
etc/network/interfaces and then v-update-sys-ip to read the changes by Hestia.

good luck

If your ethernet interface is not eth0, I think this fixes it;

1 Like

yes… the interface in these cases is another
I will try this fix

thanks

Can confirm it will work had the same issue today

1 Like

the fix didnt work
after reboot, I need delete every IPs from hestiacp and re-insert

Please add ip addresses and then copy paste the network / net plan config maybe we can see any issues feel free to send a pm if you don’t want to paste it in Public

netplan is not installed …
I checked that hestiacp is writing directly on interfaces
After reboot, if I run command ip add xxx xxx etc
the ip works

---- test 2
So, I installed netplan.io … I tested again, and now after reboot the ip was not lost
but
Now, I am receiving this error message

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 180: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 181: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 182: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 183: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 184: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 185: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 186: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 187: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 188: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks’: No such file or directory