Dns cluster, dns entry automatic deleting / going missing

Im running 3 servers and 2 of them are the main dns servers ns 1 and ns2

For the sake of simplification i will say server 1 as ns1 and server 2 as ns 2 and server 3 just a web server.

server 1 and server 2 have no dns issues they can sync okay however recently after the updates server 3 dns entries get automatically deleted in dns cluster located on server 1 and server 2.

I already tried deleting remote dns and readding multiple times over the last few hours but after a few minutes the dns entries in both ns 1 and ns2 start going missing.

any help would be appreciated .

TLDR: server 3 dns entries automatically deleted after a while from ns1 and ns2 cluster

2 Likes

Having the same problem
Currently hosting 14 domains

Some domains are working fine, but some domains are not resolving after a while

Yep… I know problem still persist for me but i rebuild and resync dns zone every 2 days… Not sure when it will get fixed.

1 Like

Make sure to create unique users for syncing and it should be fixed

All users are unique but it still happens. I previously followed your instructions exactly but as i previously said it still happens the dns zones get mixed up and broken. Every 2 days i manually rebuild and resync to fix the problem.

Currently each server will have a dedicated dns-user on ns1 and ns2 server but still this error happens every few days.

I would definitely like to fix it… if you can help. It’s been like this for many months.

In fact, the only reason I use hestia is because of its dns resolving capabilities.
I decided not to wait any longer for someone to solve or fix this problem.
I’ve implemented my own dns panel using knot dns + laravel.

Good luck to you.