DNS record for mail.domain.site doesn't exist

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

The mail.DOMAIN.site was working fine until 10/10/2020 on that date the mail domain stopped working and I started to get an email every morning

Cron admin@XXXX sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-letsencrypt-ssl
Error: DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.site doesn’t exist

I am getting this errors on Hestia error.log

2020-11-02 05:35:02 v-add-letsencrypt-domain ‘DOMAIN’ ‘DOMAIN.site’ ’ ’ ‘yes’ [Error 3]
2020-11-02 05:35:02 v-update-letsencrypt-ssl DOMAIN.site Error: DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.site doesn’t exist [Error 2]
2020-11-03 05:35:02 v-add-letsencrypt-domain ‘DOMAIN’ ‘DOMAIN.site’ ’ ’ ‘yes’ [Error 3]
2020-11-03 05:35:02 v-update-letsencrypt-ssl DOMAIN.site Error: DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.site doesn’t exist [Error 2]
2020-11-04 05:35:02 v-add-letsencrypt-domain ‘DOMAIN’ ‘DOMAIN.site’ ’ ’ ‘yes’ [Error 3]
2020-11-04 05:35:02 v-update-letsencrypt-ssl DOMAIN.site Error: DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.site doesn’t exist [Error 2]

There are a DNS record for the mail and webmail site on the DNS list.

I tried to deactivate then reactivate the SSL records for the mail domain but the reactivation failed with this error

Error: DNS record for mail.DOMAIN.site doesn’t exist

Can you help fix the mail domain issue.

Thank you.

I just want to add that I have cloudflare and sendinblue linked to the domain.

should I unlink them?

mail.domain.tld doesnt exist is a basic check with nslookup, to verify that you have a record for that domain. It means that you have NO record for it, probaly check your dns records.

Hello ScIT,

Thank you for your support.

I requested a domain transfer from my current domain name provider to another provider. Its a long process can take up to 7 days.

I’ll keep you posted.

Problem fixed after contacting the domain name provider.

2 Likes