Downgrade MariaDB to version 10.2

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to say that u did a great work with hestia especially in the interface and in the security!

I want to know if it’s possible to downgrade MariaDB to 10.2 instead of the installed version 10.4. I want to downgrade due to a specific web app which supports up to 10.2.

Am running on Debian 10 with hestia 1.1.0 (Nginx + multi-php) and I would appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Thank you

There is nothing special for hestia, you should be able to follow the official docs (uninstall mariadb, change repository, install the older version): https://mariadb.com/kb/en/downgrading-between-major-versions-of-mariadb/

1 Like

Hi. I did downgrade from 10.5 to 10.4(remove the newest and install the older version). In ssh I can connect to mysql, it’s fine. But looks like in GUI it still displays the old mysql data(users/databases) which is absent in older version. How can I fix that? I would like to see correct data in hestia GUI. When I trying to re-save data oc reate new user/database it dispaly Error: Connection to localhost failed
Thanks