Elasticsearch connect proble

after install hestia control panel elasticsearch server goes down & display
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
now what i do

ubunti 20.04 & elastic search 7.14

Hestia is intended to be used on a clean Ubuntu intstall.

The nginx configuration may have changed and you need to set up a template accordingly.

Also check the firewall in case the port I’d closed.

2 Likes

First check if elasticsearch is running

systemctl status elesticsearch

as @jlguerrero told we suggest to install HestiaCP on a clean server how ever I have installed elastic search after HestiaCP with out issues and it should work fine.

sir, do you like to install full package elk eg, elasticsearch, longtash & kibana.

I think then (sir) you can understand exactly why this problem occurs. Mention me with the link if you follow any blog to install the complete package of Elk

Of course, I would do it for a donation of 200€ to the HestiaCP project so new features will be developed.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea what you’re trying to do, what’s your target? What I can say is that hestia should not have any troubles with elasticsearch beside.

But please, we can’t know what you’re trying to reach, so please enlight us :slight_smile:.

who protect you to donate? it is open source project. It our project. So don’t worry to donate.

It is opensource so it its free doesn’t mean that some users working multiple days a month on it for free…

If you are not willing to debug any thing we can’t help you… As told I have installed multiple times Elastic search without any issues on Hestia.

3 Likes

ok. nothing to say here. thank you very much

Install first Hestia then elastic search + the rest. Skip Nginx part and create a custom template for Kibana.

If you assume that we provide read to use answers on software without providing us with decent “info” we can’t know everything and we are not able to debug your server…

You were asking someone in the community to:

• Have a clean test server or purchase it.
  • Install the ELK in it
  • Then install Hestia
  • Then debug it.

I am very sorry as you know that takes time and if no one is going to pay me to do that, then I have better things to do with my time.

That’s why I am asking for a donation to the project so that we all can have more functionalities in the panel because money doesn’t grow on trees.

For the record, I am not part of the hestia development team and I would have not recieved any money from the donation that I was asking for.

We are happy to help everyone in this forum but with some limits. The debugging of your system clearly exceeds those limits. Maybe some other person can help you debug for less money or maybe you can do it yourself.

3 Likes

@ jlguerrero
your answer make confuse.
you claim " For the record, I am not part of the hestia development team and I would have not recieved any money from the donation that I was asking for."
if your claim is right then you lost to write we. Now everybody like to prefer from you just I ( We are happy to help everyone in this forum but with some limits. The debugging of your system clearly exceeds those limits. Maybe some other person can help you debug for less money or maybe you can do it yourself.) not we when you answer any question.

If you use we again then you must to forget donation. because user will be then considered you as a team member of hestia.

please, forgive me if my answer hurt you.

this blog doesn’t check with hestia control panel. My team member check found error.

Would you maybe share the resolution of your issue with the community?

@ ScIT
my team solve issue already & they report me that if user use only elasticsearch then they install it anytime mean before or after install of hestia.

but they recommend me to that don’t use elk & hestia same server because then display error as curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused

this have tested before & after installation of hestia.

only work elk when we use hestia & elk different server.

Important note: my all team member are all student & beginner of server security & features tester.

No however I did it an it was working fine. And it was working fine. Client of mine has an Elastic search engine running with out issues and worked straight out of the box. Only thing you need to keep in mind is skip the steps for kabana but create a template based on the settings used in the tutorial.

Hestia doesn’t block any usage of the port 9200…

root@web01 ~ # curl -X GET "localhost:9200"
{
  "name" : "web01.client.co.uk",
  "cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",
  "cluster_uuid" : "AZC5UIxvT-aPAI8icasW2w",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "7.11.0",
    "build_flavor" : "default",
    "build_type" : "deb",
    "build_hash" : "8ced7813d6f16d2ef30792e2fcde3e755795ee04",
    "build_date" : "2021-02-08T22:44:01.320463Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "8.7.0",
    "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
    "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

Consider installing first Hestia and then ELK…

I am almost 40 there’s nothing you can say that can hurt my feelings.

I am very happy to know that you solved the problem.

I consider myself part of the community and I try to help in the forum. That’s why I say “we”.

But I am not part of the smaller group of the development team.

The donations go to the development team.

sir, thanks for fast reply.

sir I already clear that hesta work with only elasticsearch not full package such kabana, longtas, beat

our team goal “to add elk with hestia with always green health”.

our team tried our maximum 1000 times but they fail. they use linode cloud server & dreamhost domain

but they face issue when they install kabana. they got curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused

then they follow alternative way & install them separate server & close they project.

due to your surety, i again open the project after 30 days according our policy if we success then we send project file to heastia & request hestia team to add elk as features

Important note: we don’t expect money for it if we success. because we believe hestia is our control panel.

sir if it possible please update health property & node number property please because it help us.
important note : this is early version not latest one latest version : 7.14.
i confuse that why developer use earlier version when latest version was available?