I’m a new user who recently installed Hestiacp on Ubuntu 20.04.
- Assume I have 2 domains myserver-webhostingname-com (Public IP address 123-45-67-123) and mydomain-com.
- During the initial installation of Hestiacp I entered mydomain-com so that I could access the System Admin via mydomain-com:8083.
- After completing the installation I logged in via 123-45-67-123:8083 and there was a warning SSL was invalid / insecure where the certificate was issued by my-domain-com.
- I added mydomain domain and positive SSL certificate via login at 123-45.67-123:8083 by copying the contents of the Certificate, Private Key and CA-Bundle.
- I access mydomain.com via chrome browser to get a valid SSL connection and no problem.
6. When accessing mydomain-com:8083, 123-45-67-123:8083 or myserver-webhostingname-com:8083 all of them get an Invalid SSL error.
7. When checked it turns out that SSL still uses a personal certificate / Self Signed Certificate from mydomain-com even though I have added Positive SSL mydomain-com via Hestiacp > Webdomain.
8. I tried to replace Self Signed SSL with Positive SSL mydomain-com via Hestiacp > Server > Configure Server > SSL > copying the SSL Certificate and Key.
9. There is an Error: Certificate Authority not found.
10. I have copied the contents of Positive SSL mydomain-com zip certificate and extracted 3 contents to the server including CA-Bundled but it still has problems.
11. Access Files also gets Unknown Error even after deleting and changing SSH Key in Hestiacp > User > Manages SSH Keys.
12. Why did it happen what was wrong?
13. Why is there no place to copy the CA-Bundle contents in Configure Server> SSL. There are only 2 SSL Certificate and Key boxes.
14. Why not replace it immediately with SSL installed on mydomain-com SSL?
15. Maybe given 3 boxes for SSL CA-Bundle or automatically filled with SSL domain user system admin at Hestiacp > SSL Web Domain.
16. In open source products, there are usually those that are supported by premium product income to support the financing of a project. Especially if you look at HestiaCP, it is a good project and can be developed more than before. Not a commercial OS product, but all require a fee. Maybe you can develop some kind of Hestiacp extension / template like in Joomla which is premium so that users who want more can buy it and make a white label on the website for their customers. Meanwhile, other users can also use Hestiacp as usual without losing its main features. All are only intended so that HestiaCP can develop in the future, not only from donations (only input suggestions :).
Back to the problem, I am a Newbie, please help from my question above.
Due to restrictions on new users entering links, I replace “.” with “-” in any link/domain name.
Sorry for the long questions and bad English. Thanks.