Error sending email

Hi
I updated Exim. And now it is giving error when sending emails.
Exim version 4.94 #2 built 01-Jun-2020

SMTP error (451): Failed to add recipient “[email protected]” (Temporary local problem - please try later).

exim -bt [email protected]

LOG: MAIN PANIC

Tainted filename for search: ‘/etc/exim/domains/domain.com/aliases’

[email protected] cannot be resolved at this time: failed to expand “${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/domains/$domain/aliases}}}}”: NULL

It’s a problem on latest release of Exim. Also affect to DirectAdmin, as I saw before

At Vesta forum, people suggest do a downgrade of exim version, also on DirectAdmin.

You can do a downgrade or wait until fix been deployed

1 Like

As @changeme already said, this is affecting lots of other projects and it is worth looking into it so thanks for giving us a heads-up, but at this moment it should not affect Hestia.

Just checked a couple of Hestia installs running ubuntu 20.04, 18.04 and debian10 and none had exim4-4.94 available as an update, how did you end up with that version ?

After doing dist-upgrade on my Ubuntu box, and upgrading to 22.04, mail stopped working. I was only finding centOS related threads on hestia/vesta forums.

I’ve fixed this by using the default config for v4.94+ here hestiacp/exim4.conf.4.94.template at main · hestiacp/hestiacp (github.com) repalcing the “broken” config at /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template

You might need to check out this page:
https://docs.hestiacp.com/admin_docs/upgrades.html#ubuntu-20-04-focal-to-ubuntu-22-04-jammy

Also there is zero need to revive a 2 year old thread…